Chapter 47 - Drawn to You

"And here I thought you would never admit it!" a raspy voice echoed from the drawer, the moment Nino left the room. A black creature emerged from the furniture and sat down on the desk with a huge camembert in his tiny paws. "I guess, you aren't that hopeless after all."

"Wow, it's probably the biggest compliment you've ever given to me." Félix retorted, as he leaned against the window and scanned for the Princess in the courtyard. "She sure likes to take long walks." he constated with a subtle smile after noticing her wandering through the courtyard's pathways. A sigh escaped his lips as he watched her in silence - still shocked in recognition.

He didn't notice as the kwami stared at him in bewilderment, his glowing cat-like eyes rolling in annoyance. He threw the last piece of his cheese into his mouth and floated next to his owner as he grunted, "Forget what I said. I want my lifeless friend back! This one is super weird!" 

"Don't worry, I'm still the same." Félix declared grouchily as he shifted his gaze away from the window and sat down at his desk.

"If we are talking about your grumpiness, then I agree." Plagg taunted. "Nonetheless, I'm proud of you," he added a brief moment later, with a softer tone this time. "I know how hard it is for you to talk about your feelings. I suppose, the Princess does have a good impact on you."

"I guess.." the Prince inhaled, grabbing his father's poetry book. Snatching his notes, he placed them next to the poem and closed the book. As he gathered together the rest of his records from his desk, his smile slowly vanished from his lips and his usual, blank expression appeared on his face. "Even if I like...if I have feelings for her, it doesn't change anything, Plagg. Remember, we agreed long before the wedding that our alliance should happen for nothing but political reasons, to ensure the throne. Besides, in case you didn't know, " he stared at the ceiling crossly, recalling their last night at the bridge, "she only likes Chat Noir. Even if she doesn't hate me anymore, I'm certain she only sees me as an ally who helps her with the research."

"You really are oblivious if you haven't noticed the way she looks at you." Plagg furrowed his eyebrows and sighed hopelessly. "But I admit you kind of sabotaged yourself yesterday by showing her that awfully romantic place, kid. At least that's the case for the time being." he flew back to his friend and sat down on his shoulder. "Nevertheless, you must not forget a subtle yet quite an essential fact. You are Chat Noir. I don't know about you, but for me, this means that the one she likes, are you."

A dejected groan left Félix. He reached out to the kwami and scratched his ears as he replied, "That's the problem, Plagg. For her, Chat and I are two different human beings. Chat Noir is the hero of Paris, a man who's generous, courageous, funny ..basically every women's dream. "he rolled his eyes in irritation. "While Félix is nothing but the man who she had despised for all these years and to whom she was obligated to marry. Quite bad chances, if you ask me," he stated, a forced smile etching on his lips.

"Tsk. What's with this negative attitude?" Plagg scrunched his nose and floated in front of the Prince - peering into his greens reproachfully. "Where did you hide my always confident, nonchalant friend who never doubts himself? This pitiful look on your face makes me lose my appetite!"

"Almost," he added and rushed to the wardrobe for another piece of camembert.

Leaning against the chair back, Félix sighed, "I'm just being rationalist, that's all."

"Bullshit." Plagg nibbled the cheese loudly. "For starters, your precious princess is not like the other women you've met. You maybe think she likes your alter ego more, but I saw the way she's been acting around you and I can as.."

"Since when have you become a love expert?" Félix frowned, crossing his arms in front of himself, and poked the kwami's nose gently.

"Well, what can I say, I'm a master at everything. I might not be fond of all these lovey-dovey things, " he threw the rest of his camembert into his mouth and chewed, "but I can assure you that sooner or later but Marinette will fall for you. That is if you let her show that there's more to you than just a vacant, emotionless statue you've shown to everyone. "