Chapter 60 - Whirlwind Of Feelings

The next night

"I'm an idiot!" the Prince groaned as he shut the door behind himself and leaned against the mahogany door - the codex in his hands.

"Can't argue with that." his kwami emerged from his coat, an entertained smirk etching his lips.

"Thank you for the reassurance, Plagg." Félix glared at him.

Pushing himself away from the door, he stepped into their bedchamber and collapsed onto the bed - burying his face among the blankets.

"I ruined everything!" a muffled moan sounded from the bedspread while his brain played a cruel game with him by recalling what just happened some minutes ago

"Well, maybe you did." Plagg shrugged as he immediately approached the open wardrobe where a plate of camembert awaited him. "But the night is still young and if I recall well,  you had another mission in mind for tonight."

"Yeah, well..." Félix turned his head to the right - finally able to breathe even though he rather felt bending to the will of wanting to die -, "..considering how things went so far...I'm certain I'll be mistaken about that one, too, and will make a fool out of myself ....for the second time in a row."

"Either way, I'm thrilled to see any of these outcomes. " Plagg grinned before swallowing down the last piece of his cheese. "Now, hurry and hide this codex before your Princess comes back!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours earlier

A cool breeze penetrated the room when the door opened - spreading vivid orange and yellow lights to the outside world. Quiet, barely audible tapping of a boot echoed, accompanied by a silent sigh that escaped her lips before stepping out to the balcony.

Peaceful silence welcomed her outside, only the calming rustling of the leaves could be heard as they danced with the gentle wind.

The Moon, alongside the stars, was already sitting on her throne, watching over everything that fell beneath her. Her silverish, almost diamond-like lights luminesced her realm, - the streets, the Seine -, including the Palace, as well as her on the balcony - making her raven blue hair gleam in the same color as the ocean at night.

She closed her eyes for a moment, breathing in and out the chilly, fresh air in an attempt to calm down that storm of concerned thoughts in her mind.

Her icy-blues sparkled as she opened her eyes and took a glance back to the empty suite, before walking to the edge of her balcony. Pulling out the codex under her coat, she gently placed it beside her.