Chapter 51 - A tempting condition

"What a day!" Marinette sighed as she made her way through the hallways.

She was out in the city longer than she had planned. In her defense, she didn't expect to see Chat Noir, let alone even reunite with him, to say the least, thus it was unlikely for her to head back to the Palace within an hour.

After all, they had much to catch up on, including the situation Paris was in and their relationship. Apart from the awkwardness that filled the air in the first few minutes after their hugging ended, as the night progressed, they soon were back to their usual way of talking and could chat freely with each other.

At the end of the night, they both agreed to continue patrolling the way they used to do in the past, together and if one of them were to find any clue regarding the disease, they would reach out to the other immediately.

They said goodbye with their usual 'pound it', and jumped from the rooftop of the Arc de Triumph in the opposite directions.

It was past midnight when Ladybug landed on her balcony - careful not to be spotted by any of the guards outside - and after transforming back, rushed to the second floor as quietly as she just could muster.

Her smile, which had been curling on her lips ever since she reconciled with Chat, melted away the moment she turned to a certain hallway in which the other end contained a door. A door that belonged to her and Félix's suite. The memories of their time in the park flashed in front of her eyes, making her remember who was hidden behind those walls, waiting for her.

A certain someone who saved her life today. Someone who, without his awareness, helped her realize she wasn't alone and that she was indeed capable of being a great ruler one day.

Someone, who confessed his feelings to her.

And someone who had never asked for anything in exchange, except a chance with her.

Mari couldn't imagine what would going to happen between them from now on. She was well aware of the feelings Félix had for her - even if it was still impossible to comprehend.

And about her feelings? She was lost. She didn't know how she felt.

Her mind was a mess at that moment, it became a war field where thousands of thoughts fought with each other, using her feelings as their weapons. But who was to win was yet to be found out.

She realized, or at least, she was more or less certain that her feelings for Chat Noir weren't there anymore. Of course, she still loved him but only as her friend, as her partner. And if this change of her heart was anything to do with her feelings toward Félix, she didn't know.

All she knew, was that she owed an answer to him, and she shouldn't wait any longer.

Stepping to the doorstep, she closed her eyes - trying to soothe her mind.

"Why am I so nervous? It's past midnight already. He must be asleep by now." she nibbled on her lip - finding it quite pathetic that she was acting like a teenage girl who was about to get her first kiss.

Taking a deep breath, she grabbed the door handle, and slowly opened the door - careful not to make any noise.

She got frozen in her place the moment she entered the suite. Instead of the darkness and an already- sleeping-prince she was expected to see, the room was illuminated by the dim lights of the chandelier and the candles on their tables, - alongside Félix who was just stepping back from the balcony, not the slightest sign of tiredness showing on his face.

"Why isn't he sleeping?!" Mari screamed internally as she gained just enough composure to close the door behind her.

"So, the Runaway Princess has returned," Félix announced - his lips curving into an outrageously charming smile.