Chapter 36 - The Darkest Night

Life is strange. Life is difficult.

Every human being has a different life. Someone has a life full of love, and happiness. They are lucky in finding a job, their pair, or a place where they can start a new life as a family. Someone has everything he just needs or even more. But money is never the key to having a perfect, happy life.

Some people have to face many difficulties and struggles every day. Some of them don't have a job, can't feed their loved ones properly, and can't sleep under a roof but on the streets. And yet, they are happier than any other rich men in the world.

Happiness can't be identified with money or fortune. It's the people, your loved ones that make you feel loved, that keep you going further and further no matter how many "barriers" you have to get through throughout your whole life. Even a poor man, who has to live in the "darker" side of our world where people have no proper house, jobs or even can't provide enough food to his family, can have a happy life. Because no matter how many struggles he has been through a day, the moment when he gets home and sees the grateful pair of eyes staring at him, is all that matters and makes him feel loved and happy.

It's never about what you own, what you can buy with your money. You can't buy love.

You can be the richest person in the world, you can be the luckiest in every main path in your life. Or you can even be a part of a famous family, someone who has a title, even a princess maybe - but if there is no one in your life who you can rely on, who loves and supports you, even helps you out when you have difficulties, you will never be happy.

Happiness doesn't exist without love.

And without love, our life is worthless.

Marinette knew this and lived her life according to this knowledge. Despite her title and the wealth of her family, she stayed true to herself. Thanks to you her mother, she had learned to always listen to her heart, no matter how many struggles she may have to face throughout her life, and always do everything for her loved ones, always protect and support them.

"All you need in life is a simple word: family."  these were the words her mother had always told her.

And for Marinette, family wasn't just the people who wore the "Agreste" name but those whose queen she would be one day. With a difficult father and after her mother's death, the Parisians, the common people's love were the only thing that made her keep going.

She couldn't learn how to love or how to feel loved properly. Marinette thought that in order to be loved by someone, you have to give everything to them and make sacrifices for them to prove that her love would be worth it to them.

She thought this meant to be loved.

Until she met someone that prove her completely wrong.

Someone who supported her.

Someone who protected her.

Someone who was there for her when she felt down when she didn't want to be alone or just when she needed company.

Someone who loved her the way she was. Without giving him anything in exchange, without making sacrifices for him.

He loved her.

Unconditionally.

And since his arrival, her life turned upside down.

She started learning what it was like to feel safe and at home with someone. To be able to rest a little, and to let herself enjoy her life. To understand that those are the worthy people in her life who loves her unconditionally.