Chapter 62 - Roses are red... and so are you.

A/N: Well, are you guys ready for a quite chaotic chapter?

(Chaotic, thanks to a certain bluenette who's unable to control her emotions. 😂😌💖)

___________________________________________

If someone told her that she would confess her love out loud and would almost be kissed by no other man than Chat Noir, not to mention, reveal herself(!!!) - unintentionally though -, to Félix on the same night, she would have laughed hysterically at their face and would be sure of the lack of their sanity.

And yet, here she was, transformed into Ladybug on a random Parisian street,  pinning her husband to a wall with a dagger to his neck, as he said in a shamelessly tranquil tone:

"Bonsoir....Marinette."

Marinette -

- ..to Ladybug.

He said 'Marinette' while she was Ladybug!!!

If the fact of Félix - God knew how and why - showing up right in front of her wasn't enough to lose her composure for good, him calling her by her civilian name was surely done its job.

Completely frozen in her place, Ladybug was unable to move even a muscle in her body - which at that moment became useless anyway. She could barely hear anything from the world around her due to her pounding ears and her heart that -  skipping a beat after hearing her name - started beating so frantically she was sure it would burst out of her chest.

Marinette.

Hearing her name had never awakened such anxiety in her, it had never served as an epitome of calamity before.

"Wha...what did you call me?" she faltered - astounding even herself that she managed to utter something that made sense in this situation.

Her whole being began trembling, her eyes were filled with dread and bewilderment as they were gawking at his greens - unable to look elsewhere.

Maybe Félix recognized the state of shock she was in or her incapability of comprehending the situation, -  or to react at all -, when he lifted his right hand and placed upon her dagger-holding one. It was a tender movement, yet the moment his warm skin touched her gloved hand, her body flinched, and released the dagger out of her grip. It fell to the ground, accompanied by a clanking sound that felt painful in the silent night.

Her cerulean blues instantly fell onto their hands, her gaze following strainedly as Félix entwined his fingers and planted a kiss onto hers before he looked at her. His emerald greens peered intently into hers - an uncanny flame rising in them - as he smirked, "I said Marinette....or should I call you, Ladybug?"

Maybe it was thanks to the way he was looking at her. Maybe thanks to the fact he was calling the heroine by her civilian name for the second time, her legs gave out - making her collapse to her knees - so suddenly, the Prince couldn't catch her. 

Staring the ground, she cupped her face between both of her hands - shaking it uncontrollably -, as she constantly murmured, " No, no no no no! This can't be happening! No, no, no! No..."

Consumed by her inner breakdown, she couldn't even notice when Félix squatted down and - propping himself on his elbows -, watched her entertained. 

He didn't say a thing, he was just waiting patiently for a second, ...two seconds...for a few minutes, until she gained her serenity back to a level she was capable of forming words.

Taking a deep breath, she put her hands onto her lap and looked at him earnestly - her eyes still affected by the shock.

"Since...when have you known?" Ladybug asked - her words were barely anything more than a silent whisper - desperately wishing this night to be just a dream she was yet to wake up from.