Chapter 63 - Everlasting Deception

He wanted to tell her.

He was really just about to tell her the truth, to tell her that he was Chat Noir - finally putting an end to this crazy spiral of mendacity they were both forced into.

But apparently, faith decided otherwise.

They fell against the ground accompanied by a thud sound - a second before the arrow was to strike them. 

Grimacing by the sharp pain that radiated through his veins after the landing, Félix instantly glanced over to the heroine to make sure she was alright - completely forgetting about her invulnerability.

Much to his relief, she already bounced to her feet - coiling herself into a fighting stance automatically - as she summoned her yo-yo.

"An akuma!" they gasped in recognition after exchanging a look, their eyes darting to the other side of the street when the mysterious attacker stepped out of the shadows - exposing its appearance. 

At first, he looked like a human being, probably a man - given his muscular figure. His attire gave the impression of an assassin. Half of his face was hidden by a metal mask - a mask only revealing his eyes and temple -, the rest of his head covered by a hooded cloak that was dark as the night itself.

The cloak reached to his knees, barely letting to unfold what was beneath it: a dark red long-sleeved shirt with an attached black faux vest and matching dark red pants - a dagger fixed on his thigh -, an elastic waistband with attached pouch, a q...

The cloak reached to his knees, barely letting to unfold what was beneath it: a dark red long-sleeved shirt with an attached black faux vest and matching dark red pants - a dagger fixed on his thigh -, an elastic waistband with attached pouch, a quiver and an item that resembled a compass. All are included with black leather boots.

Had it not been for their uncanny, gray-as-ash skin tone - exposed by his bare hands -, and those glowing red eyes that could cause nightmares even for adults, Félix wouldn't have assumed that he could be a person possessed by not only the butterfly but the peacock as well.

Even though he and Ladybug had only encountered once with a villain like that so far, but - reminiscing the attire, or more precisely, the skin color of the previous akumatized victims -, he could tell this one was also affected by the peacock as both he and that white-haired monster had a unique skin color unlike people possessed by an akuma.

Not hesitating much, the grey-skinned figure pulled out another arrow and - placing it into his weapon - he aimed it in their direction, ready to shoot.

Without thinking, Félix instinctively leaped forward in an attempt to somehow protect his wife, when she..

"Are you insane?!" Ladybug exclaimed - her eyes widening in shock. She instantly nudged the Prince backward and, - grabbing her yo-yo from her waist - swung it in a circle rapidly before in a blink of an eye the villain's arrow reached them.

Seemed like her weapon could serve excellently as a shield as the moment the arrow hit her yo-yo, it shattered into millions of pieces - without penetrating even with an inch of the heroine's aura behind it.