Chapter 49 - Change of Heart (Part 2)

Just as the man was about to strike with his dagger, a voice startled him.

A voice so smooth, so calm yet it conveyed authority. A voice, coming from the street, whose owner rushed toward them and grabbed the villain's arm.

A voice, Marinette knew so well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Some minutes before*

"....so for now we decided to find it ourselves. But there's nothing we can rely on, unfortunately." Félix sighed dejectedly. 

"It's more than enough," Fu reassured him. "More than I could find, that is. Had it not been for the war, I could have saved all the ancient writings that were bestowed upon me. Who knows, we might have been further by now." A silent scowl appeared on his face as he declared, "I'll look through the scrolls in the temple though but I highly doubt I will find anything there. But if what the poem said about the Soul is true, then It must be mentioned in the books of Paris's foundation. For the time being, I suggest you study that section of the royal library with the Princess."

"Will do, Master." the Prince nodded reluctantly. He didn't want to make him downhearted by telling him that he, alongside Marinette, had already spent countless hours in the library without any success.

"Great. And while you're at it, I'll keep searching too. If I find anything, I'll meet you again."

"Umm ..about that, Master..." Félix rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, "Could you please find a better way to approach me next time? You kind of caught me off guard earlier by appearing among the people. I couldn't even muster a proper excuse for the Princess. She must be so mad at me now. Besides.." Félix halted, taking a frustrated breath."Besides, I have no idea how will I explain myself to her." he thought.

"Oh, hehe. Of course, I understand your concern." Fu coughed in embarrassment. "I'll find another, less inconvenient way in the future."

"Thank you, Master." Félix bowed. "By the way, I..." he paused, frozen in his place. An ominous, uneasy feeling overmastered him, making his heart throb faster. It felt like electricity as the adrenaline ran through his veins in a split second. His eyes grew wide open when something inside his mind told him that..

"The Princess is in danger!" he stated agitatedly and - without saying anything -, he rushed back to where he left her. 

Master Fu watched as his figure vanished in the sea of people while a meaningful look appeared on his face.

~~~

"Where are you!? Where are you!? Where are you!?" Félix panicked, as he ran around the Place des Vosges, but couldn't spot the Princess anywhere. 

He was utterly upset and confused. He had no idea why or how in the first place could he sense that Marinette was in danger, but - not finding her at the square - just fortified his intuition. As if his body got possessed, the voices in his head told him louder and louder to find her before it was too late. 

Although similar things had happened to him while being Chat Noir - he could sense whether Ladybug was alright or in danger -, but these intuitions had never been so strong, so intense before, let alone while he wasn't even in his superhero form.