Chapter 57 - Enchanting Tunes

A/N: Hi everyone! ❤️
Since Wattpad doesn't have the option to add music between the texts and play it while you scroll further, I included the songs' titles that I imagined in this part, so you can search for them and listen to them while reading for a better experience. 🥰

I was thinking a lot about what songs should Félix play and instead of classical ones like Mozart or Bach, (even though it would have been accurate to the era of my story), I rather chose songs that I thought would have fit more these scenes.

(These are some of the songs I always listen to while working on ToR.)

Hope you enjoy this chapter, guys!❤️

_______________________________________

The Piano Salon.

It was a room in the Palace that was rarely visited by anyone, let alone by the Princess herself.

Although learning an instrument was expected or even inevitable for an upper-class woman, - just like mastering the etiquette in talking, dancing, singing, or even painting -, music was something that wasn't a part of Marinette's life.

Regardless of the events like balls or smaller parties, the only musical memories she could reminisce were the times her mother had sung lullabies for her.

After Sabine's death or disappearance, her father didn't let her learn to play any musical instruments. He was convinced it was just a waste of time and Marinette, as the heir to the throne, should focus on gaining other, more important knowledge regarding her future role in this Kingdom.

Nonetheless, there were times she heard music reverberating through the walls of the Palace, but she'd never had the opportunity to even listen to it for a minute, let alone search for the identity of the musician.

But now, she could unravel the reason why hadn't she heard any kind of music throughout the past five years during the days.

Because the one who used to play the piano turned out to be...

"It's Félix!" Mari gasped, her fingers grabbing the door, as she subtly opened it.

Slowly leaning against the mahogany door, she rested her head on the wood and watched mesmerized as the Prince was playing.

It seemed like he was completely lost in the world of his music. His emerald greens were closed, - preventing him from noticing the Princess's presence-, his eyebrows slightly furrowed as he concentrated.

Marinette's cheeks immediately got painted with a light, pink tone as she listened to his play perceptively.

The music sounded beautiful. She hadn't heard this composition before but it didn't take her much time to get captured by these tunes.

It resonated as if it was about her life.. Or more precisely, about their life.

The softer, slower parts of the composition reminisced her about their dance at the Masquerade Ball when they didn't know the others' identities. It was the first time she got drawn to him. Drawn to his smile, the gold strands of his hair, and those intense greenish eyes that she would have been delighted to get lost in.

As the music reached a faster part, his fingers flew over the keys - coaxing even more entrancing melodies from the shining instrument than before. His fingers came to life as if they were dancing feverishly on the black and white ivories.

Marinette couldn't take her eyes off of this view, her icy-blues lingered on his face in pure admiration. A pleasant shiver cascaded down her skin while listening to his play. She had never seen him so passionate, so deeply lost in anything that could make him forget the world around him.