Chapter 65 - Master Fu Arc 1: Trust Me.

A/N: Hi guys! ❤️

As we're reaching the end of 2023, I'm wishing every dear reader of mine a Happy, Punful, and truly Miraculous New Year with this drawing of Félix and Marinette. (Even though, it's still autumn in ToR but thought I'd draw these silly beans with Christmas theme for once. 😌💞)

And with this little announcement, I present to you guys the finale part of season 2! (It'll be separated into two chapters due to the length of this finale so expect the second half - hopefully XD - next week

And with this little announcement, I present to you guys the finale part of season 2! (It'll be separated into two chapters due to the length of this finale so expect the second half - hopefully XD - next week.)

Hope you enjoy it! ❤️

________________________________________

It wasn't the first time he perpetrated something like this, he knew that very well.

Yet, the situation was entirely different this time, making ignoring the impact of this act almost impossible for him - questioning the "hero" part of Chat Noir in the process.

Don't take this the wrong way, he was beyond thankful for the black cat miraculous being bestowed upon his family, upon him. Becoming Chat gave him that one thing he had always yearned for freedom.

He was finally free.

Free from the need to live up to his mother's expectations, free from the invisible but unbreakable shackles of being the head of his family estate put on him, and free from the pressure of being worthy enough to follow in his father's footsteps.

When he transformed into Chat Noir, he left behind all these burdens that weighed on his shoulders and for once in his life, he put himself first.

However, every gift has its dark side and hides its secret deceitfully only to reveal it to the receiver at the worst time possible. Which, in Chat Noir's case, was his power. Wielding the black cat miraculous also meant wielding the utmost responsibility of using the power of destruction.

Truth be told, possessing such powerful magic had its advantages - considering the number of times he had had to use it in akuma battles when they needed to demolish the akuma before it was to cause major destruction to Paris.

But he couldn't help the anxiety building inside of him whenever he used Cataclysm. He knew what this magic could hold, - literally turning whole buildings into ashes if it was needed - hence the fear of accidentally using it against a living creature.

It wasn't the first time this happened before though, yet the aftermath of his action lingered in his mind. It felt like waking up from a nightmare in which dreadful pictures hunted the person even during daylight.

Evidently, this didn't apply to the first time he cataclymsed a living creature. He was left with no regret after that thanks to the ultimately different circumstances.

He had no other choice but to use Cataclysm against that blue-skinned villain to save his lady from being strangled by the hands of that monster. Although he was a living being whose life was taken away by the hero's hands, Chat didn't feel even a snippet of remorse upon killing that thing.