Chapter 23 - "I Do" Arc: Part 1

Wedding

Wedding.

Probably the most important event in a woman's life. The day when they marry the man of their dreams, vowing to each other that they will be together forever, in health and sickness, till death do them apart. An alliance that leads them into such beautiful things as love and family. A lifelong adventure.

This is the reason why every girl wants this day to be memorable, to be perfect. They want this day to be truly special. To hold it in a place they are the fondest of about - usually in a magnificent church, in a gorgeous park, or in a place that is somehow specious for the pair. They want to decorate it with their favorite flowers, colors, and fabrics.

Everything has to be perfect.

Everything, especially the wedding gown.

The crown of the wedding, the dress that was made to attract everyone's attention to the bride but mainly the bridegroom's. So when the time comes, and the bride starts to walk towards the altar, her man would see his future wife with that masterpiece dress on her, he wouldn't be able to look away and just adore her with all the love and affection he just can have towards her.

But what is the most amazing thing about a wedding? That when it comes to choosing the dress, you would do it with either your best friends or... Your mother.

She would be by your side during the whole preparations, she would help you choose THE dress, she would hold you and comfort you when you start to doubt yourself or your decisions. She would support you no matter what.

Most of the girls couldn't even realize how lucky they are to have their mother by their side during this special event. Maybe they wouldn't even appreciate their mums.

Mari had been to several weddings throughout her life. The other nobles around her held weddings almost every month which of course she had to attend.

At first, she could barely bear these events. They just kept reminding her that even if she would about to marry her love, she could never have a wedding with her mother. She could never share this amazing day with her.

Seeing the other girls with their parents, always made Mari's heart broken even more.

Instead of being or just listening to their mums, they only cared about the circumstances of this special day. It was more important to them to choose the perfect dress rather than being with their loved ones.

They would visit as many wedding shops as they could, sorting out the best ones, trying out all of them, and eventually finding the dress they had been dreaming about their whole life. And in which, their fiance would watch them amazed at how gorgeous they are.

At least, that was what every girl thinks. That they have to look perfect in every way on this day otherwise their marriage might not turn out well.

But the truth is that they all think wrong.