Chapter 11 - Library

A week had past since that certain kiss which definitely changed both of their lives.

Marinette couldn't be happier. It really was like a dream come true for her. Being a hopeless romantic, she had day-dreamed about them being together for too long. But she had never dared to take the first step, not just because she was a girl after all, but because of the fear of rejection. She had always thought that the only thing Chat had felt about her had been nothing but friendship.

Indeed, Chat Noir had flirted with her all the time - making painful puns and making her blush uncontrollably. But still, she had thought it had just been his nature. He seemed like a playboy who liked to flirt with every girl.

Still, he chose her. This incredible, strong and powerful boy who had saved her life several times too. Just like during Dark Venus'attack.

He was truly miraculous and she was the luckiest girl in the world.

Kitty was a perfect boyfriend - although they hadn't made it official that they were dating but he had already acted that way. Every two days, they had patrols and Chat Noir always brought Ladybug her favourite kind of flowers - red roses. She didn't know where he got them, but they looked as lively and colorful as the roses in her garden. She always made sure to put them in a safe place in her room - just so she could hold them in esteem.

Their patrols weren't that successful though - if we talk about looking out for the Parisians. Chat Noir was kind of an irresistible distraction for Ladybug especially when it came to kisses and cuddles. Turned out that Chat was pretty eager for hugs and just to be close to his lady - which she didn't mind at all. He really was a little kitty inside - and Ladybug loved that.

He was the reason for Mari's smile that just couldn't leave her face the whole week. She didn't even wear her "I'm in a bad mood" ribbons either. She was finally happy - after a long time - and even did all her tasks with enthusiasm.

It was a Saturday afternoon with no duties to fulfill so she decided to visit the library where she could finally dig herself into her mother's diary.

She hadn't had time to open it yet, moreover, it was still so painful to know this could be the only thing left from her mother.

But she knew she couldn't be a coward anymore and no matter what she found in that book, she would protect it at all cost.

After opening the library's door, she stepped in and went straight to the second floor. It was her favourite spot and not just because she could find all of her romantic novels up there, but it was also the brightest part of the library. And people rarely visited this floor, so it really was like a little private place for her where she could be on her own.

At least, that was until now.

Stepping on the last stair, her smile vanished in an instant. She stared at the other side of the floor only to see a certain someone.

Félix.

She spotted him sitting at her favourite table - the one closest to the window - occupying her chair as well. He seemed to be completely lost in his works as he didn't notice Mari's presence. He was writing something with a stern look on his face. The table was covered by a bunch of papers - leaving no free spot for others.