New Years Eve (traumatic)

TW: mentions of a panic-attack 

Pov y/n

I stare at the pages of the book in my hand but the words just slur together, not making any sense. Deep breaths, in and out. I can feel my anxiety and the overwhelming feeling coming back. 

Today is New Years eve, the most hated day in the year. I really don't get how people like this day, it's horrible. Maybe the parties in the evening are fun but that's it. 

Why do there need to be fireworks? They are so loud and bright and scary.
They remind me of my childhood, where my home city was attacked by cyborgs. They shot everything until there was nothing left. I could barely escape and every time there are fireworks, it gives me flashbacks.
Nervously I bite my lip and watch the clock. It's a few hours until it all goes down. My breath starts to quicken again and I feel my chest tighten.

The door opens and my girlfriend appears. She knows how hard this day is for me and stands by my side when the fireworks go off.
It only takes her a second to know what's going on with me. She comes over and kneels down in front of our bed, that I'm sitting on. Carefully she takes the book out of my hands and puts it aside. I watch as she holds her hands out to me and places mine in hers.
Her thumbs gently brushs over my hands and her beautiful green eyes meet mine.

"Breathe, calmy. In and out." She does it herself and nods for me to join in.
We sit there and breathe together until I can't feel the knot in my throat and the tightness in my chest anymore. My body relaxes and I can breathe freely again. 

"Thank you." I smile at her and she replies with a smile.
"Anytime, honey. I know today isn't easy for you but I'm here for you."
She gets up and sits beside me, pulling me into her.
I let her embrace me and close my eyes for a few seconds. Somehow she's the only person who can always calm me down when I'm anxious or upset or moody. She knows exactly how to treat me and is patient and gentle, she is all I ever could have asked for. And I am so thankful to have her in my life and as my girlfriend. 

We stay in this position a little while longer until there's a knock at the door.
"Come in." Nat calls and Wanda opens the door slowly, smiling at our position.
"I just wanted to tell you that Tony's party starts in half an hour."
"Thanks Wanda, we'll be down in a bit." Nat assures and Wanda closes the door again.
Slowly I sit up again and look at her. "Are you okay, my love?" She brushes a strain of hair out of my face. I nod, "Thank you."
"Everything for you." She gets up and holds out her hand. I take it and let her pull me up.

 "We gotta get ready now, Tony doesn't like someone else than him to make an entrance at his parties." She laughs and I can't help but to join in. 

Luckily, we picked out our dresses beforehand.
It doesn't take long for both of us to get dressed. My eyes admire her body as she slips out of her clothes and into the dress. She looks so stunning and I get lost in looking at her every time. 

She catches me and smirks a little. I quickly look away and blush a bit, starting to take of my own clothes.
As I turn around again my breathing stops for a few seconds. It's not the first time I see her in this dress but it always takes my breath away because she looks so good in it.
"You look great, babe." Her eyes light up at the compliment and she smiles at me.
"Thank you. You look stunning yourself." 

I bite my lip and look at myself in the mirror. Sometimes I still find it hard to get compliments because I know she truly means them and doesn't just say them. And I have a hard time understanding, that she really thinks those things.
She steps behind me and hugs me from behind, resting her chin on my shoulder.
We lock eyes through the mirror until I turn around to face her, feeling her breath on my lips.
"I love you." I whisper and try not to get lost in her green eyes.
"I love you too." She replies and connects our lips.
My whole body fills up with love and warmth. Every time I kiss her, it feels like the first time and I can't get enough of it.

She slowly pulls back and her eyes look into my soul before she softly pulls me to our makeup table. She sips up my dress and places a feather like kiss on my neck before I sit down and watch her getting a brush and carefully brushing my hair.
I love the feeling when she does it. It's just a simple gesture but I'm very sensitive on my head and whenever she brushes my hair, it calms me down even more and makes me feel so loved and cared for. 

I watch as she braids it and puts it up, it looks really beautiful.
I get up and let her do her own hair.
Sadly, I'm not as talented as her but when we have more time, she lets me do her hair. It's always so soft and smells so good. 

It doesn't take her long to be ready and she takes my hand as we go to the elevator and down to Tony's party. 

We see the other Avengers and go to stand with Wanda and Sam.
A little bit later, Tony appears on the top of the stairs.
He wears a black shirt with a tie and slowly walks down the stairs, making sure everyone notices him. I hide a giggle, he can be such a diva sometimes.
As soon as he reaches our level, he tells Friday to turn on the music and the party begins. 

I follow Nat to the bar and watch as she mixes us our drinks.
I sip on it as I watch more and more people enter the party. Some of them wear little crowns which say "2022" on them. 

Since I tend to be a little shy at big events, I just sit at the bar and watch people interact with each other and laugh at jokes.
My drink becomes more and more less until it's empty. I turn around to my girlfriend and smile innocently.
She chuckles, takes my glass and makes me a new drink.
While she gives me my new drink, she bends over the counter, kisses my nose and says: "Just those two tonight. You being drunk won't help."
I nod in agreement and take a small sip. She is right, my anxiety is harder to control when I'm drunk.