Coming out (Mama Nat)

A/n: You're around 16/17

TW: I'm not sure, maybe scared of being rejected?

Pov y/n

"Hi mom...heyy mom...can we talk..." I shake my head and pace around my room, trying to think about how to start this conversation. I stop in front of my mirror and look into it.
"I have to tell you something, mom." That doesn't sound to bad but on the other hand it sounds like I did something wrong, which I didn't.
I shake my head. How do you come out to your parents? Which words do you choose? Or can I just send her a letter?

On second thought that doesn't sound too bad. Maybe that could work.
I sit down on my desk and get a pen and paper. Without thinking too much about it, I start to write down what comes to my mind. It gets quite long but in the end I feel a little bit better, my head feels more free.
I hold the letter in my hands and look at it. Is this how I want to tell my mom I like girls?

My nerves start to rise up again and I bite my lip, unsure about my decision.
It's not like my mom isn't open and stuff, we just never really talked about sexualities before, so I have no clue how she's gonna react. I mean, when we watch a movie and there's a gay couple, she doesn't seem to judge them at all and she never said anything against it but still.
What if she thinks it's wrong?
I'm not sure if I could handle her thinking I'm weird.
We are very close and I love her so much but what if this destroys it?

On the other hand, she always says she loves me unconditionally and is proud of me for being who I am. That's a good sign, right?
I take a deep breath to calm down a little. Maybe it will work out fine and I'm worrying to much, or to less.
With a huff I fall onto my bed, wishing it would be easier.

I found out that I am attracted to girls about a year ago and since then I tried to figure out my sexuality.
Am I bi, pan, a lesbian or something else?
I wanted to be fully sure about it before I tell my mom and now I am sure.
I rest my head in my hands. She will react okay, she won't be disappointed, hopefully.

My eyes find a clock that informs me that it's 4 pm. So she should be done with work by now.
I decide I just wanna get it over with and get up, the letter folded smaller so it'll fit in my jeans pocket.
My mom is in the living room with some of the others and my heart starts to race a little. She looks up when I approach her and smiles at me.
"Hey, malyschka (baby). How was your day?" She asks and pads the space on the couch next to her.

"It was good. Can we talk?" I ask straight away while my fingers start to fiddle with each other.
"Of course. Is everything okay?" Her eyes look at me worried and I nod shortly but stay quiet.
She seems to understand and gets up to lead me to her room for some privacy. We sit down on the sofa and I feel the nervousness pulsing through my body. My leg bounces and my fingers fiddle.

"You can tell my anything, y/n. I won't judge or be mad." Mom promises as I keep quiet and tugs some hair behind my ears.
I nod and take a deep breath, my eyes focused on my fingers. Here goes nothing.
"I like girls." I say quietly.
"That's great, dorogory (sweetheart). And it's nothing to be ashamed of." She encourages me and I slowly look up into her honest eyes. There's not the slightest bit of disapproval in them and my pulse slowly calms down.
"You're not...disappointed or mad or anything?" I ask back.
"No. Why would I?" She takes my hands in hers and rubs little circles over the back of them.

"I'm honored you told me and I am really happy you feel comfortable with it. I just want you to be happy and it doesn't matter if it's a girl or a boy or someone non-binary that makes you happy. As long as they treat you right and you feel good, I'm happy for you." She assures and it feels like a weight is lifted off my body.
"Thank you, mom. That means a lot to me. I was so scared you wouldn't love me anymore or be disappointed." I share and feel some tears building up. Her hands cup my face softly and she kisses my forehead.
"I will always love and support you. And you could never disappoint me, malyschka (baby). I just want you to be who you are and I don't care who you love and I also wouldn't care if you told me you wanted to change genders or something like that. I support and love you no matter what you do, or who you wanna be."

The tears spill out of my eyes and I hug her tightly, relieved that she accepts me. She rubs my back and kisses my head.
"I love you, malinkiy (little one)."
"I love you too, mama." I reply and pull back. She softly wipes away my tears and smiles at me.
"Is there anything else you want to tell me?" She asks patiently and I shake my head.

"Okay, then I have to ask. Is there anyone who caught your eye?"
I grin a little at her nosiness but nod and her eyes grow big.
"Who is it? If you want to tell me of course."
It makes my heart light how excited she is for me and I am so thankful for her reaction and support.
"Well, it's someone from the team." I reveal and see the wheels turning in her head.
"Shall I guess or do you want to tell me?" She asks with a smirk and I smile and motion for her to guess.
"Well, I guess it is Wanda?"

My cheeks blush and she has her answer. A little squeal leaves her mouth as she takes my hands and looks at me excited.
"Did you talk to her yet?"
"No, I wanted to tell you first and I'm not sure if she even likes girl and it would be embarrassing if she didn't and maybe she would think I'm weird." I ramble, thinking about the beautiful Sokovian.
"I don't know if that helps but I saw a button on her jeans vest with the pride flag on it. So I'm sure she wouldn't think you're weird." Mom reassures me and I look at her surprised.
I didn't notice that before but it's a good sign I suppose.

"Speaking of, do you want a pride flag for your room? I can order you which ever you want." Mom thinks out loud and I smile gratefully at her, pulling her in another hug.
"Thank you."
"For what?" She asks a little confused after I lean back again.
"For everything. For the way you reacted, for your support and your reassuring words." I say and she smiles and cups my face with one hand.
"You're very welcome, malyschka (baby). I really just want you to be happy, that's all that matters to me."

The smile on my face grows, I have the best mother in this world.
"Now, do you want to order some pride flags or pride stuff?" She asks and I giggle a little at her enthusiasm.
"Yeah, that'd be nice." I smile and watch as she gets her laptop.
We spend the afternoon looking for pride flags and other things. She's excited to buy some stickers and buttons as well to show her support and I feel great, knowing she accepts me completely. 

A/n: I know coming out can be hard so I wanted Nat to react supportive.
If any of you hasn't come out yet I'm here to talk if you want to. :D

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3