Valentine's Day

TW: a bit alcohol

Pov y/n

It's the 13th of February and I'm sitting at dinner with the other Avengers. I actually was in a good mood today but it kinda got bumped out when they started talking about tomorrow: Valentine's Day.
They talked about what they were gonna do tomorrow and everyone has a date, except me.
Well and Natasha.
I would love to ask her out because I have a crush on her since I first arrived here but first of all, I'm not sure if she even likes women and second, even if she would, why would she go on a date with me?

I sigh internally and eat my food in silence while the others talk about their dates.
Of course I'm happy for them but it also frustrates me even more that I wasn't able to get one.
I mean, I also didn't ask anyone but still.
Wanda nudges my side and I look into her sparkling eyes.
"Everything okay? You're so quiet." She notices.
I smile at her, not wanting to ruin her mood too.
"Just a little tired from the day, training was hard."
She nods, accepting my answer and talks to Clint again.

After dinner I help to clean up and go to my room. While I get ready, I think about how I could have a nice day by myself. I mean, I don't have to sit around all sad. Maybe I'll treat myself tomorrow and have a calm, relaxing day. That sounds like a plan. Happy with this decision, I fall asleep.

The next morning is a little too cute for my single being, seeing rose pedals on the ground that lead to the kitchen where Vision is making heart shaped waffles for Wanda.
Tony ordered a lot of flower bouquets for Pepper that are mainly decorating the living room.
Thor is running around with a big teddy bear which he wants to give some girl he sees on a date today.
Steve and Bucky run around, holding hands or kissing all the time.
I mean, I don't mind them being together at all but I don't need them making out right next to me while I eat toast.
Bruce is in his lab and apparently trying to create a perfume because in the parts of the compound, where it doesn't smell like flowers, it smells sweet.
Nat and I seem to be the only 'normal' people around here.

After breakfast I escape this crazy world and go back into my room where I lounge on the bed and read a little.
When it gets boring, I turn on my gaming console and start playing something.
A knock on my door interrupts me and I pause the game and ask them to come in.
Nat leans against my doorframe and looks at me with a little smile.
My heart starts to beat a little faster when I look into her eyes and I start to worry that my room could be a total mess. But she doesn't seem to care about my room.

"Since everyone else is out tonight, I wanted to ask if you would like to join me for dinner? I thought about going to a restaurant." She asks and I feel little butterflies starting to dance in my stomach.
"Uhm, sure...I'd like to join you." I answer and hope that my voice sounds calmer than I actually am.
"Cool. Be ready at 6 pm. We meet downstairs." She says and smiles before she turns away, but looks back into my room.
"Oh and the restaurant is a bit fancier so you may wanna dress up a little."

Was that just a wink? Did Natasha Romanoff just wink at me?
My brain slowly realizes what we just talked about and I feel myself starting to get a little nervous.
Is this a date? Like, a real one? Or is it just two friends who have dinner together?
I need to find something to wear!

I jump up, the game is forgotten and run to my closet.
There are a few pieces I could wear but which of them say: 'we're just casually here as friends but if you want more, we could be more'?
After a little while, I pick a black dress with a little neckline and that goes down to my knees.
I pick out some tights since it's still cold and lay everything on my bed. The clock tells me, I have about five hours until we meet downstairs.

I spent those five hours calming myself down and getting ready. The shower takes a little longer because I decided to shave my legs.
Thanks to the hairdryer, my hair is dry fast and I can get into the dress.
I struggle a little to sip it up but get it eventually.
Then I take care of my hair and comb it and try to make it look nice.
I apply a little bit of make-up to cover up my possible blushing.

After a few last touches I'm done and get my little bag to head downstairs.
My breath stops for a few seconds when I see her. She looks stunning, wearing a red dress, that fits perfectly, her slightly wavy hair falls over her shoulders and her face looks as beautiful as ever.
"You look amazing." I say when I stop next to her.
"Thank you. I just can say the same back." Her eyes scan my body and she smirks a little.
"Shall we?" She asks and I nod, following her outside to a car.

Silent music plays during the ride and I fidget a little with my fingers because I'm slightly nervous, still not sure what this is.
We arrive at a fancy looking restaurant and go in.
Nat reserved a table and we are lead through the room until we reach our destination. We thank the kind woman and sit down.
"Wow, you didn't lie when you said it would be fancy." I admit and admire the beautiful location.
"What can I say? I like to keep my word." Her eyes sparkle in the light and for a few seconds I get lost in them.

We order when the waiter comes and the conversation is surprisingly easy going.
I was worried, it would be awkward but it's not.
We talk about some missions, the other Avengers and then go over to some personal stuff.
Again I'm surprised by how freely she talks about herself, usually she is more of a private person but she tells me about her favorite shows, books and which trips she made.
My nervousness fades and I laugh over some joke she made.

The food is delicious and we stay a little while after they carried the empty plates away, just talking and enjoying the moment.
"How about we go home and get some drinks there? Right now I can't drink because I have to drive us home."
"Yes, sure." I agree and she waves for the waiter to bring the bill.
As I'm about to get my wallet out, she smiles at me.
"Let me pay for this dinner." It's not really a question, more like a statement but she still wants to make sure I'm okay with it, which I really appreciate.
"Okay, thank you." I smile at her and let my wallet in my bag.

After we arrive at the compound, she leads me to the kitchen where she pulls out a bottle of wine and opens it.
We sit down on the couch after she poured some in our glasses.
"Can I ask you something personal?" She asks after taking a sip.
"Of course, go ahead."
"What is your sexuality?"
Well, I'm caught by surprise, not expecting her to ask me that.

"I'm a lesbian." I answer and look down into my glass before taking a sip. "You?"
"I'm not quite sure if bi or a lesbian but I definitely like women."
I look up in surprise and she smirks at me.
Her eyes lock with mine and we hold eye contact for a few seconds and the butterflies in my stomach go crazy.
Her emerald eyes are so beautiful and I could get lost in them forever.
My eyes dart down to her full lips for a few seconds and I imagine kissing her but blush immediately at the thought and look back into my glass.

Her fingers softly graze my face and she lifts my chin a little.
"You can kiss me if you want." She says directly and her voice is a little raspy.
I gulp and look at her. Her eyes are completely focused and she carefully takes my glass and puts both of them onto the coffee table, her eyes never leaving mine.
Maybe it's just the wine or the atmosphere but I turn off my thoughts and softly connect my lips with hers.

She kisses back, matching my softness. I'm a little shy but when she cups my face to pull me a little closer and licks over my bottom lip, I open my lips for her.
Her tongue meets mine and they dance around a little, getting to know each other.
I wrap my arms around her neck and enjoy the feeling of her soft lips on mine.
When we pull away for air, she brushes some hair out of my face and smiles brightly.

"I wanted to do this for such a long time." She whispers against my lips and I feel a slight tickle shooting through my body.
"Me too." I admit and close the gap between us.
This kiss is a bit more heated and she slowly pushes me back until I lay on the sofa and she is straddling my hips. Her hair tickles my face but it's almost as if it wasn't there.
She kisses me more longingly and one of her hands keeps her up while the other slowly wanders down to my hip.

"Do you mind if we get rid of all this fabric between us?" She asks between little kisses that she places down my jaw.
"Absolutely not." I answer and watch her eyes darken.
Maybe this Valentine's Day isn't that bad after all.  

A/n: Wow, 1k reads! That's amazing, thank you to all of you who read my story. You guys are amazing!

And I'm not gonna tease you this time, the next part will continue what I started in the end of this chapter.

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3