Ice skating

Pov y/n

I almost jump out of the car, being excited for the date. Nat smiles at me and offers me her hand which I happily take.
Pulling her towards the entrance, I tell her how excited I am for this.
Her eyes sparkle when she looks at me and she seems to be genuinely happy.
We go to the front desk and pay before we go further in.
It's winter and we decided to go ice skating.
It feels like forever since I've done it that one time as a kid. Hopefully I remember how it works.

After the woman gives us skates in the right size, we sit down and put them on. Nat is pretty fast and sits opposite of me, waiting to be ready without stressing me out to hurry.
When I finally have my skates on, she takes our stuff and puts it into a rented locker and helps me up.
I stumble a little because it's different but get the hang of it pretty fast and follow her to the ice-skating ring.

Luckily there aren't a lot of people here today.
Nat casually goes onto the ice and it looks so easy, but it's not.
I stumble a little and she grabs my arms to keep me up. We get out of the way slowly and I have to admit that I had it easier in memory.
"Are you okay?" Nat asks with a little grin and I nod.
"It's just a little slippery."
"Well, that's because it's ice." She teases a little but kisses my lips when I pout at her.

"You'll soon get the hang of it. Here."
I take her outstretched hand and we slowly start to move.
Even though I can lean on her a little for balance, it's still hard to hold the balance.
Before I pull her down with me, I let go of her hand and fall onto the ice.
She stops immediately and turns around to look at me.
I give her a little nod to tell her I'm okay and she helps me up.
For a second she thinks about how to help me and holds out both her hands for me to take.
I do so and after looking behind her, she slowly starts to pull be, still facing me.

Since I'm now holding both her hands, I can hold my balance better and slowly start to get a feeling on how to move.
We stay like this for a few rounds until I feel more and more safe and she carefully lets go of one hand and goes back to skating next to me.
A smile creeps onto my lips as it starts to be fun and I enjoy skating next to her.
After a while, we take a break and go to the little café of the ice-skating ring.
We chose a table near the window and sit down.
Nat is not even nearly out of breath and looks as beautiful as ever.
I get a little lost while admiring her but get pulled back into reality when a hand waves in front of my face.

"Sorry, what?" I ask, a slight blush appearing on my cheeks.
"I was just asking why you were looking at me like that." She repeats and smiles softly.
I blush even more and play with my fingers while looking down at them.
"You are just so stunning..." I explain and watch as her hand lays into mine and I look up again.
"You are so sweet, thank you."
Her eyes are soft and I shyly return her smile.

A little while later, the waitress brings us our hot chocolates and we drink them while chatting about random stuff. My body warms up again, after the cold and I take another sip of my chocolate.
When our drinks are empty, we pay and put back on our hats and gloves and I have to say, Nat is looking adorable with a hat.

We go back onto the ice and skate a few more rounds and I feel myself getting better with each round.
I feel safe enough to try it without holding her hand, even though I really liked it.
I'm not fast but I don't fall and move forwards so that's a win.
Nat takes the time and tells me that she'll skate a few rounds on her own and I nod, letting her her freedom.
I'm amazed, to say the least, at how good she is and how skilled she looks.

Her figure is elegant and the movements look practiced. It almost looks like she's flying over the ice.
I'm a little mesmerized by her and the huge smile on her face makes my heart melt.
She always looks so esthetic when she does this kind of sports, also including dancing and basically ever kind of sports where she isn't hitting anything or anything.
I mean, she looks good while doing these to, no doubt but it's different. When she dances, which is rare, it looks like she lets her emotions take over and it looks so gracefully.
Once she told me that she danced as a kid so I guess it makes sense.

My thoughts get interrupted as I crash into a wall.
Luckily I wasn't really fast but I got distracted by my girlfriend and didn't notice the wall was getting closer.
A few seconds later, Nat is standing in front of me, looking at me worried.
"Are you okay, baby?" She asks concerned and kneels down when I make no move to get up.
I shake my head and frown a little at the pain.
"My hand hurts a little and my butt does too."
Nat carefully takes the hand I hold out into hers and gently pulls off the glove to look at it.

Her eyes scan my hand and she moves it a little, checking in with me if it hurts.
"Nothing seems badly hurt. You'll maybe get a bruise but that's it." She smiles at me.
"And maybe this helps." Her lips kiss my hand a few times and I can't help but smile at her cuteness.
"It helps." I scrunch my nose up a bit and Nat beams at me.
Then she helps me up but looks concerned when I pull a face at the pain.
"Don't worry, it's just my butt." I explain and intertwine our fingers. A little smirk grows on her lips.

"Well, I can't kiss that all better here but at home I can take care of that cute little ass of yours."
I blush at her words and hide my face in my scarf but nod.
"But two last rounds?" I debate and look at her with puppy dog eyes.
As often when I look at her like this, she gives in and we slowly skate two more rounds and I enjoy the time, holding her hand and seeing her from the cold red cheeks.

After we got off the ice and brought our skates back, we had to the car.
Once we are in, Nat turns to me and cups my face with one hand.
"How are you feeling?"
Her eyes shortly dart to my hand as I lift it and smile a little.
"It still hurts a little but it's better, thank you."
I give her a short kiss before she looks at me to continue.
"My butt is fine, I almost don't feel it anymore."
She nods. "I'm still gonna take care of that at home." She winks at me and starts the engine.
I grin a little and we start to drive home after a wonderful date.