Quality time

Pov y/n

“Hold still. Or I’m gonna smudge the eyeliner by accident.”
I try to hold my laugh in and take a deep breath for which I earn a look.
“What? Am I not allowed to breathe?”
I giggle and Nat sits back and shakes her head, grinning.
“You can breathe when I’m done with your make-up.”

I role my eyes playfully.
“Sure and by then I’m pale and cold. It’s your responsibility then to tell the police what happened. But if you talk shit, I’m gonna hunt you down forever.”
She starts laughing and I can’t help it but to join in, her laugh is so addictive and literally my favorite sound in this world.

“You’re such a dork sometimes but I love that about you.”
She leans back down to kiss me.
“I love you too.” I mumble against her lips. “But I’ll still hunt you down.”
She pretends to think about it until she nods and puts her hands up in defeat.
“Okay fine, you can breathe but maybe you can try to keep them just a tiny bit shallower because as long as I’m sitting here, I can feel them and might smudge the make-up.”
“Sounds like a fair deal.” I giggle a little and look at her, watching me with a wide smile.

“Got all the laughs out?”
“Yes, Ma’am.” I put on a serious face which makes her laugh.
I can only hold that face for a few seconds, before I burst out laughing.

It takes us a few minutes to calm ourselves and Nat leans forward again, with the eyeliner in her hand.
Her red hair is tied up in a little bun so it won’t fall in her face while she does my make-up. But one strain got lose and is hanging down her face.
I slowly lift one hand up to her face and brush the hair out of it and behind her ear.
Careful not to distract her, I lower my hand and place both on her thighs which are on either side of me since she’s sitting on top of me.

My eyes are focused on her face. She is stunning and so adorable when she concentrates. The tip of her tongue touches her upper lip when she concentrates and her eyes are glued to mine while she slowly and carefully draws the eyeliner.
God, I could get lost in her emerald green eyes, they are the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen.
And so deep and full of love when she looks at me and they seem to sparkle when she is really happy and it’s the cutest thing ever.

Today she isn’t wearing any make-up because we’re having a calm day to ourselves. When we go outside or she has to work, she puts on a little bit of make-up but it still looks natural and it’s almost not noticeable.
I don’t wear any make-up, I have neither the skill to apply it nor the patience for that. But today she asked me if she could put some on me and I agreed and seeing her get excited over it, was totally worth it.

We decided to do it on her bed because it’s more comfortable and the light is a little better, according to her.
We are almost done and she only has to do a few more things.
It took a little while because in the beginning we were laughing a lot until we got a bit calmer.

While she draws the eyeliner with the one hand, her other one cups my face to keep me from moving to much.
Her eyes light up and she sits up a little, looking at her work and smiling.
“You look great.” My heart warms up at her compliment and I have to fight the reflex to say it back immediately.
“You look even better.”
Well, I lost that battle but who can blame me? 

She looks beautiful all the time and deserves to know.
Her smile grows at the compliment and she gives me a quick kiss.
“Now, for the last touch.” She holds up a lipstick.
“Can’t I just take some of yours?” I ask and smirk at her. She shakes her head and grins, while applying some onto her own lips.
“Alright, kiss me. But not with tongue or it won’t work.”
I pretend to pout a little but it turns into a smile as her lips come closer to mine and I close my eyes while her soft lips touch mine.
I almost forget that we’re doing this for the lipstick, officially, but catch myself before I can intimate the kiss.

She pulls away and holds herself up with one arm, hovering over me.
“And now smack them a little.”
She does it herself and I mimic her.
“How does it look?”
“A little bit like someone kissed you because it’s not really neat but good.”
“Oh, I wonder how that could have happened.” I say sarcastically and scrunch my nose a little.
“I don’t know, but let me fix it.”
Nat grabs a wipe and carefully wipes the lipstick from above and under my lips away.
“Maybe you should practice kissing more goal orientated.”
“Maybe you shouldn’t talk while I’m fixing it.” She shoots back and we both grin.

I love our bond, it’s true, lovingly, passionate, honest, trustful and funny. We know what we can say to each other without hurting the other one and it often leads to funny arguments and a lot of laughs.

“Done.” She smiles and looks at my face, proud with herself and happy with what she did.
“Wanna see?”
I nod and she gets off me and we both stand up. We go to her mirror and I look at myself.

It's different, not in a bad way, it’s just unusual. But her work is great.
“It looks amazing, babe.”
I turn around to face her.
“Thank you. For the compliment and for letting me do your make-up, I had a lot of fun.”
“Me too.”
I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her closer.
“But the lipstick…”
I muffle her protest with a kiss and feel her smile into it.

After we pull away for air, I smirk at her smudged lipstick and the trail of my lips.
“Looks even better.”
She nudges my shoulder playfully and I press a kiss onto her cheek, leaving a print.
“Now you’re mine and everyone can see.”
“I like that.”
She does the same to me and we grin at each other before we go back to lay in her bed.
We lean against the wall and I hold my phone up so she can see.
I wanted to show her some of my saved TikToks and sounds. I scroll through the videos and we laugh together about the funny ones and simp over the edits of celebrities, we both have a crush on.

When we come to the sounds, I can’t keep myself from singing the lyrics or speak the dialogues and act them out the best I can.
As I turn my head, I see Nat’s eyes on me and she smiles brightly.
“What?” I blush a little.
“Nothing, it’s just really adorable how happy you are about these sounds and how you act them out and everything.” She looks me in the eyes and I smile at her, happy that she lets me be myself and even encourages it and thinks it’s cute.
She really makes me the happiest I have ever been.