Mini Wanda part 2

TW: Again, not sure but headaches

Next day

Pov Wanda

It's Saturday and I'm grocery shopping with y/n.
We don't really have to since Tony has someone who does it but Nat and I want y/n to know that going to the store is a normal thing in life so she won't expect it to be normal later in life that someone else does it for her. 

While I'm putting vegetables and fruits in the card, she's an isle further where all the sweets are at. As I'm putting some apples in the card, she comes running to me and looks at me with puppy dog eyes, holding a pack of gummy bears in her hands.
"Can we please get them, mommy? They are new and look so cool and are limited. Pleaseeee."
I smile a little at her begging and nod.
Her face lights up and she puts the sweets into the card.

But a second later her smile drops and her expression becomes uneasy.
"What happened? Are you okay, sweetheart?" I ask and crouch down in front of her to be on the same height.
"Just the headache again." She says and clenches her jaw a little. "And it's getting loud again."
She shuts her eyes and her hands are clenched to fists.
"Make it go away, mommy." She whines a little as it seems to become worse.
I place two of my fingers on her temples and rub them softly, trying to ease the pain and seeing if my magic can help but it doesn't come through.

After a few seconds her body relaxes a little and she opens her eyes again, that are a little teary now and it makes my heart ache to see her in pain.
"Better?" I ask worried and she nods before she hugs me. My arms wrap around her body and I hold her close while my hand rubs circles on her back to calm her down.
I ask her to take a few deep breaths and she does so and I see her relaxing a bit more until she seems fine again. She lets go of me and I look at her.

"How do you feel?"
"It's gone, I think. Thank you." She mumbles and I kiss her forehead before I get up again.
For the rest of the shopping trip, she stays close to me.
We're walking through the section with household items when it seems to become worse again. Her grab on my hand tightens and I immediately turn to her and kneel down when I see her face.
This time she chooses to burry her face in my shoulder while I hold her close.
"It's getting louder, mommy." I hear her muffled voice.

Something in the corner of my eye moves and I turn my head to see a wooden spoon slowly gravitating towards us.
That's odd, I'm not using my powers.
A second item starts to move towards us while y/n's hold on me gets tighter and I'm starting to understand what's going on: she's developing powers.
I didn't think it was possible to pass them on to a child but apparently it is.
Luckily I know how to handle that.

"Y/n, sweetie, can you look at me?"
She slowly pulls back to look at me, her expression shows the pain she's feeling.
"Can you tell me, how many fingers I'm holding up?" I ask and get a confused look.
"Three, why?"
"Now?" I ignore the question, following my goal.
"One."
We repeat this a few times and I watch the items slowly gravitating back until they don't move anymore.

"How do you feel?"
"Better. But why did you do that?" She asks confused and I kiss her and tell her I'm gonna explain later.
That seems to be okay for the moment and we make our way to the register.
The car ride is silent and I check on her in the back mirror but it seems to be fine.

We arrive back and are greeted by Nat who notices our daughters exhausted face.
"What happened?" She asks and looks at y/n worried.
"Headache." Y/n shortly states before she makes grabby hands at Nat who picks her up.
She hasn't done that in a few years now so I guess she's really exhausted and just needs some comfort right now. It must be really scary for her to experience all of this.

I put the grocery's away while Nat stands there, our daughter in her arms who has her head rested on her mother's shoulder.
Nat's eyes silently ask me what's going on and I gesture, I'm gonna explain later.
The next two hours are calm and luckily y/n has no further headaches, maybe that's partly because she falls asleep in Nat's arms after a little while.
We keep her close and sit down on the couch and I tell Nat about my assumption and observations.
Thinking about how we proceed, we decide to talk to y/n first and try something before we ask Banner to run some tests.

Y/n wakes up slowly from her nap and yawns.
"Feeling a little better now, malyschka(baby)?" Nat asks and brushes some hair out of y/n's face. She nods and stretches a little.
"Mama and I might have an idea where your headaches are coming from. Do you remember me asking you to tell me how many fingers I was holding up?" She nods.
"That's because I knew it would help to distract you and it would eventually calm you down. It always helped me, when I first got my powers."

Her brain processes what I just told her and she looks at me a little confused.
"I'm getting powers? The same as you?" She asks.
"Well, we don't know that for sure but we assume yes. If you'll get all the ones that I have, is something we will have to see but I think you are getting telekinesis. But that's just a thought. Would you want to try something for me?"
She nods, still unsure of what to think of this.
"Okay. See that pen over there? Can you concentrate on it and try to move it?"

Her eyes dart from Nat to me and she climbs into my lap before she looks at the pen and concentrates on it.
"If you feel like it, you could try some hand or finger movements." I encourage her and watch as she slowly reaches her hand out towards the pen. It slowly lifts up and y/n gasps, losing focus and the pen drops down again.
"Did I do that?" She looks up at me in excitement and I nod, feeling a little proud but also being aware of what that means.
"I can move things with my mind?"
"Seems like it." Nat smiles at her enthusiasm.
"That's cool! But...I don't like the headaches I had today and yesterday." She sounds a little scared and I rub her back.

"I know, sweetie. And they won't appear suddenly forever. It's just your powers, trying to come to the surface. We will slowly train them and you'll see, the headaches will disappear. I sadly don't know how long that will take but we'll work on something to help you through them. And there is no need to be scared. Mama and I will be here all the time to support you. We will train you powers and soon you are able to control them and it doesn't seem this scary anymore."
She thinks a little about it before she nods.

"So I'm gonna be like you?" Her eyes sparkle a little as she looks at me and it melts my heart a little, how happy this thought makes her.
"Yes, you will." I confirm and she beams at me before she turns to Nat.
"Can you teach me how to throw knives then? So I can be like you, too?"
Nat laughs a little and boobs her nose.
"Maybe not the knife throwing but I can show you some fighting tricks."
"Uhh, yes!"

Getting her powers might not be a lot of fun but she seems to accept them which is important and I hope I can show her how to control and use them.
And combined with Nat's fighting skills, she will be a little version of Nat and me and that thought kind of makes me smile.