Quarantine

Pov y/n

I hate covid!
We have been in a pandemic for two years now and I’m really sick of it.
I shouldn’t have to stay home in my mid-twenties, I should be able to go on adventures and go to parties and bars. But no, I’m stuck at home, well not quite, at least my university is still open.

And I guess it could be worse because I live at the Avengers compound with my girlfriend Natasha and the other Avengers so I’m not that lonely.
We get along pretty good but after two years of mostly staying home, even a movie or game night isn’t that mood lifting.
But we’re trying to make the best of it.

Nat tried to learn to cook over lockdown.
Let’s just say, Wanda banned her from the kitchen after a few months because there were a few smaller fires.
I on the other hand had homeschooling or home-university, whatever you wanna call it.
After one and a half years I was pretty happy to go back and have my lessons in person.

But not right now because one person in my class has covid so all of us got send home and are in quarantine for the next two weeks and only if we have a negative test after those two weeks, we are allowed to come back.

It’s a strange feeling to walk into the compound with a mask and going straight to my room.
Usually I go into the living room to chat with who ever is there or I’ll see if Wanda is cooking anything in the kitchen.
And after that I would go to Nat’s and I’s shared bedroom but now I’m going to my old one.

After moving in here, Tony insisted that I have my own room even though Nat and I were already dating for half a year.
I never really stayed in my room but it’s still there and it’s gonna be the only place I will see for the next two weeks.

I’m annoyed as I close the door and toss my backpack into the corner next to my desk.
I really don’t want to be in quarantine but I also don’t want to make anyone else sick in case I got infected.

A knock on my door pulls me back into the reality.
“Y/n? Can I come in?”
It's the voice of my girlfriend and it almost breaks my heart as I reply: “No, sorry.”
“Why? What happened? Are you okay?” She’s worried and I smile sadly, getting up and standing in front of the door from my side of the room.
“Someone in class has covid so I’m in quarantine for the next 14 days.”
Silence from the other side of the door. “Nat?”
“Yes, I’m here. That sucks. Do you have any symptoms?”
“No, I’m perfectly fine but if I got infected, it will probably show in a few days. And I don’t want to infect you or the others so for now I will stay in my room. I’m not sure how I will handle the food but I’ll figure it out.”
“Don’t be silly, I’ll bring it to you and put it in front of your door so you can get it after I’m gone.”

From the tone in her voice I can tell that she doesn’t like this either.
“You’re an angle, thank you.”
“Anything for you. I just really hope you didn’t get infected.”
“Me too.”

One week later

I’m tired of quarantine, it’s mentally exhausting and really boring.
Since a week I haven’t really seen anyone, they always just talked to me through my door or call me.
Luckily I didn’t get sick so far but Bruce said I still could be contagious and I don’t want to put the others in danger to catch the virus, we successfully kept it out of the compound and I don’t want to be the one who changes it.

But I really miss the others, especially my girlfriend.
She did her best over the past week and brought me my food everyday on a tray and put it in front of my door.
After she left, I picked it up and ate it in my room.
It was pretty lonely and I really missed the fun conversations at dinner, even Bucky’s and Sam’s constant arguments over basically nothing.

The nights were the hardest because I got so used to Nat laying next to me and cuddling me until I fall asleep.
I had a bit trouble falling asleep at all the first few days.
Of course I told her because we were chatting and the video chats helped but it’s not the same. I miss her so much, every part of her.
Her hugs, kisses, the way she looks at me, her smell, her eyes, her voice, her touch and her laugh.
After three years of relationship, you get used to those things and it’s really hard when they’re suddenly missing.

I mean, it’s not like she hasn’t been on missions but that’s different because now it would technically be possible to see, hug and kiss her but it’s also so far out of reach.     

I groan frustrated and let my head fall back into my pillow. I just want to see her and be close to her.
Everything is so weird when you’re in quarantine, like I’m locked up in my room except the door isn’t locked.
I miss human interaction and seeing something else than these four walls.

My phone buzzes and after a quick glance I accept the video chat.
“Hey, baby. How are you?”
I place the phone in the holder I created for our nightly calls and roll onto my side to see my girlfriend.
“I don’t have any symptoms but I feel lonely as hell.” I tell her and lay my arm over my eyes. “I hate this.”
“I know, my love. Me too and I wish I could hug you right now.”
I take the arm off my eyes and look at her.
She looks at me with her beautiful green eyes and I sigh and mumble: “I miss you so much, Tasha.”

Her look softens and she nods.
“Why can’t you just be with me in quarantine? It would have been two weeks, just the two of us and no errands or university or missions. We could stay in bed all day and cuddle and watch movies or shows and eat snacks or we could, you know…” I smirk a little and Nat does the same.
“Sure, two whole weeks nothing than sex, wouldn’t be exhausting it all.”
“It’s the same with sports, if you practice it, you are able to go longer.”
She laughs a little and I just enjoy hearing that wonderful sound.

“No, but seriously, I can’t wait for this to be over. I miss you and basically any kind of human interaction.” I say as she stopped laughing.
My expression has changed into a sad face and I feel my heart acing a little bit and press my lips together.
The constant worry or fear to have gotten covid and no one to really comfort me and no real interaction with the person I love are crushing me, even if it’s just a week.

Nat frowns and her eyes read my face and I can see her getting up and running around her room a bit.
“What are you doing?”
“You’ll see soon enough.” She says with a little smile and I just nod, letting my sight get unfocused and just staring into nothing.
“Maybe you can give me one of your hoddies the next time you bring me food?” I ask and look at her hopefully.

She seems to be moving inside the compound.
“That’s actually not a bad idea but I have a better one.”
And then I hear a nock on my door and look up. “Who is it?”
“Babe, it’s me. Open up.”
I stare at her through my phone and shake my head.
“No, I won’t let you get sick.”
She rolls her eyes.
“If you stay in there alone any time longer your mental health won’t do it any longer. Besides, I don’t think you’re positive and even if, I’m a fighter, I’ll fight this too. Please open up.”

After a few seconds of thinking I get up, she wouldn’t give up anyway, she’s way to stubborn for this.
I carefully open the door and see her standing there with a packed duffle bag that she puts next to the door before she closes the door.
I’m not quite sure what to do but when she opens her arms, I let myself fall into them and let her embrace me.
It feels so good to hug her and smell her shampoo again.
I never want to let go of her so we stay like this for a little while longer until we pull away a little and she brushes some hair out of my face and cups my cheek before she kisses me deeply.
I feel warmth shoot through my body and my heart jumps happily.
I missed this so much.
“Now there's no returning back.” She whispers against my lips and smiles a little.

We spend the next week together, mostly in bed and cuddled into each other and binge watching some shows we wanted to watch for a while now.
It’s great to have her with me again and I feel myself being calmer when she’s there and my sleep gets way better.
Since Nat is also in quarantine now, the others take turns in bringing us our food which we share picknick-like on the ground with a few candles lit.
Time flies by pretty quickly and I enjoy every second with her.