Ikea date

Pov y/n

It's Nat's and mine date night, well today it's a date day because she said it wouldn't be possible too late. This time she wanted to surprise me with where we're going and I let her.
We're currently in the car and she's driving.
I'm a little excited because I have no clue where she takes me. My leg bounces a little in excitement while I look out the window.

When I feel a hand on my thigh, I turn my head and look at Nat. She's concentrating on the street but side glances at me.
"You're alright, baby?"
"Yes, of course. Why?"
Her eyes shortly dart to my face before she looks back at the road.
"Because your leg is bouncing and it normally does this when you're nervous."
I smile at the fact that she notices it.
"I'm just excited for the date." I explain and see a smile growing on her lips.

Her side profile is so beautiful, I could look at her forever.
She keeps her hand on my thigh while driving and I have to admit, it's very hot and attractive. The way her nose scrunches up a little when get into a more complicated situation is adorable and it melts my heart.
"Close your eyes, baby." She tells me and I listen and close my eyes, trusting her completely.
"And no peeking or it'll ruin the surprise."
I hear the smile in her voice and nod grinning. 

After a few more minutes the car slows down until we stop and the hand on my leg disappears.
Nat seems to get up and I just stay in my seat, trusting her to have a plan.
And so she does, a few seconds later the door on my side opens and she helps me out of the car.
Additionally to my closed eyes, she puts her hands over them and leads me forward. We stop and she slowly takes her hands off my eyes and I open them and start laughing.
She smiles widely at me and lets out a laugh herself as I turn to look at her.
"Okay, that is not what I was expecting." I pull her closer and place a small kiss onto her lips.
"But do you like it?" She looks at me, waiting for a reaction.
"I love it." I reply and she kisses my nose before taking my hand and pulling me towards the Ikea entrance. 

We go in and instantly smell the hotdogs. I slow down and look at the hotdog station.
"We will get some, I promise." She assures me and smiles as I stop looking at her with puppy dog eyes and clap my hands happily.
We make our way up the stairs and follow the arrows on the ground. It's fun to walk around the furniture shop with her and to look at different stuff and goofing around a little.
I pull her into one of the furnished rooms to look at some of the stuff. Her eyes never leave me and she watches as I happily look around the room.
When I'm done looking, she pulls me onto the sofa and wraps an arm around my shoulder and I automatically lean into her.

"And now imagine, it's a Saturday night and we are sitting in our apartment, watching TV and enjoying the quiet time. Little Liv and Jona are in bed and fast asleep. We had an eventful day, taking the twins to the zoo and they ran around, looking at all the animals in awe and playing at the playground together."
I smile and look up into her wonderful eyes.
"I hope that will be our present one day. Living together in an apartment and having kids together."
"Me too, baby." She smiles and kisses me softly.
"Twins, huh?" I ask teasingly and she rolls her eyes playfully.
"I don't know, I just like the image of two children the same age. They can play with each other and it would be so cute, imagine them hugging each other as toddlers." Her eyes sparkle and I chuckle, kissing her cheek. 

"Well, I'll do my best to give you twins but I can't promise anything." She looks back at me and smiles.
"I know, we will just hope for it. But you have to admit, the image of us living here is nice."
"Especially with strangers running around our apartment." I laugh a little as a few other people walk around the room.
"But you are right, I really like the imageand hope it will be our future." I admit while we get up to continue our walk. 

We goof around in some of the other rooms, pretending like we're actually in a kitchen and I pretend to cook her something while Nat opens some of the cabinets.
"Do you like the names?" She randomly asks as we sit at a table.
I look at her, a little confused.
"Liv and Jona? Well actually Olivia but Liv as the short version."
It's cute how she almost gets shy about it and I take her hands in mine and search for her eyes.
"I love them. When we get home, we'll start a list with names for future children and put them on there."
Her eyes light up and it's cute how happy this makes her. 

When we get to the closets, I can't resist and hide in one just to open it a few seconds later and tell her that I'm a lesbian. She laughs with me and pulls me in for a hug.
We reach the section with the beds and she lets herself fall onto one and I lay next to her.
Her judging face tells me that she doesn't like this bed and we try the other ones until it feels like we laid on every bed there is.
After a few seconds of thinking, she goes back to one and lays down again. I follow her lead.
"I like this one. When we move out we should get this."
I agree.

At the moment we're still living at the compound but we wanna move in together at some point and have our own place. Her talking about it makes it feel so real and it gives me little butterflies, just thinking about our shared future.
"I mean it's comfortable, the matrass is not to hard or soft and it isn't loud when we move around." She winks at me and I blush a little.
"And the bedframe looks like you could tie someone to it." She whispers into my ear and a shiver runs down my spine and I bite my lip, trying to hide the blush.
Nat can be such a tease sometimes but it's one of the things that I love about her.

After we finished our way through the whole shop, we come to the hotdog station and get in line. As we eat them, we talk about the furniture we really liked and think about what we would need if we moved into our own apartment.
Talking about it makes me realize once again that she really wants this too and my heart warms up at the serious thought of us in the future.
We finish our hotdogs and stroll back to the car, carrying the bag with stuff we bought.
It wasn't really intended to buy anything but walking around Ikea and not buying anything? That's almost impossible.
We ended up buying some scented candles, a new pillow and some cookies.

On our drive back, we listen to the radio, occasionally singing along and just enjoying ourselves.
Even though the date was a little bit unusual, I still enjoyed it a lot.
I mean just spending time with Nat is enough for a day to be special but goofing around and pretending to live in those little rooms was so much fun.
The talks about our future together were probably my favorite part and I smile at the memory.
It doesn't always have to be a huge gesture or an expensive date to make a day special.
This date day was amazing and I can't wait for the next one, hoping I can surprise her next time.