Period

Pov Natasha

I arrive back at the front door of the compound after my daily run. My breath starts to even out as I step in. I like running in the morning, it helps me clear my mind, plan the day and gain some energy. 

Heading to the kitchen to get some water I greet Thor who crosses my way.
I take a bottle out of the fridge and drink it empty.
Even if it's a little chilly outside, I still feel pretty warm from running.

My stomach reminds me that I need to eat and I start to chop some fruits and make some French toast.
My girlfriend is probably still asleep by now so I will surprise her with breakfast in bed.
A smile creeps onto my lips, just thinking about her. She's such a beautiful human being and always supportive and reassuring and I love spending time with her. I'd do everything to protect her and I will make sure that she never has to feel alone or unloved as long as I'm alive.

I carry the tray with the food to our shared room and silently open the door. The blinds are still closed so it takes my eyes a few seconds to get used to the dark and I put the tray on the desk and close the door.
She's still in bed which isn't unusual but I can sense that something is different. I step closer to the bed and see her cuddled up in the blanket, clenching her stomach.

"Honey?"
She turns around at the sound of my voice and I can see her expression.
She's in pain and my heart almost breaks at this sight. I don't like my girl being in pain.
I'm searching her eyes for any further clues.
She just looks at me, not saying anything. It takes me only a second more to understand what's going on.

"Are you on your period?" I ask softly and she nods.
"Oh baby." I sit down on the bed and stroke her hair.
"Cuddles?" She sounds small and vulnerable and my heart melts.
"Of course, baby. Just give me five minutes to shower, okay?"
She nods and cuddles more into the blanket.

I hate leaving her like this but I'm sweaty and I want to be clean so we can stay in bed all day.
I hurry up as much as I can and five minutes later I'm done and wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt.
I carefully get into bed next to her and feel her turning around to me. Her movements are slow and she's completely silent. I hate that there's nothing I can do for her to take this pain away and that she has to go through this every month.
She usually is happy, bubbly and full of joy but those few days of the month she isn't at all. She's clingy and cuddly and adorable and I love that side of her, I just wish it wasn't connected to the pain and uncomfortable feeling.

I wrap my arms around her as she lays her head on my chest and cuddles into me.
Silently humming a song that always calms her down, I rub her back and kiss her head, making her feel as loved as possible.
"Do you want painkillers?"
She shakes her head.
"Not a fan." Her voice is muffled by my chest but I still understand her.
Every time I ask her if she wants them, she tells me she doesn't need or want them. 

I know she doesn't like to take pills but it's the only thing I can offer to make the pain go away.
"Anything else? Food? A heating pad? Water?" I carefully comb her hair with my fingers while asking.
It's silent for a few seconds, before I hear her voice again. "Heating pad and magic hands."

I smile a little to myself and nod, kissing her head before I carefully lift her off me and go get the heating pad.
Before I go back to bed I open the blinds a little and a window to let in some fresh air.

"All ready."
I sit with my back against the headboard, legs open for her to sit in between.
She crawls between them and leans her back against my front, nuzzling her head into my shoulder.
I pull the blanket over us and put the pad on her lower stomach.
We just sit like this for a few moments and my hands automatically start to run up and down her arms, comforting her.

"Magic hands." Her demand is silent but it still makes me chuckle a little.
I pull her shirt up a little and take the heating pad away to start drawing little shapes onto her stomach.
She relaxes into my touch and I hear a little, happy noise coming from her.
I don't know if it really helps her with the cramps but she insists that it makes her feel better when I do this. And who am I to say no to someone this adorable. 

A little smile forms on her lips and I'm glad that she seems to feel a little better. I continue the shape drawing for a little while until I put the heating pad on again.
Her fingers start to play with mine and after a little while she pulls them up to give my hands small kisses which make my heart fill up with love for her.
She is the softer one out of the two of us but there are still not many times when she behaves as cute as she does when she is on her period and I take care of her. 

Somehow, she is extra sweet and gentle on those days and even though she is in pain, she still shows me affection and love in a way that I just adore.

I hold her close for a while, switching between the heating pad on her stomach and my hands until she falls asleep again, visibly more relaxed than before. I take my phone and answer some messages before I start to get sleepy, too.

I wake up from something moving on me.
As I open my eyes, I see y/n getting up and going to the bathroom. I smile a little because she seems to feel a bit better.
There are days where she can't even walk to the toilet alone so this is a good sign. 

I get up and stretch a little, getting the tray and putting it on the nightstand and grabbing the two water bottles I store in one of my drawers since Tony connected F.R.I.D.A.Y to our doors and they wouldn't open for twelve hours one time.
I huff a little at that memory, he always has to try new connections around the compound.

Back in bed I wait for y/n to return and smile as she comes back. "Hey honey. How was your sleep?"
She yawns in responds and cuddles into me again. I rub her back and kiss her head.
"Did it get better?"
She nods and then shakes her head. Since we've been together for quite a while now, I know that she wants to tell me that it did get better but got worse again.

"Poor baby." I co and kiss her cheek since her face is buried in my neck.
"Maybe you could eat a little for me?" I play with her hair and look down at her.
It's a little hard to tell if she's hungry or doesn't want any food when she is on her period because it changes every time.
She slightly shakes her head and looks up at me with big y/e/c eyes.
My expression gets soft at that look. 

"Just a little bit of fruit? For me?"
She thinks a little before nodding slowly and turning around.
I place the tray on our legs and watch her eating a bit while I eat the French toast that is cold by now but I don't mind as long as my girlfriend is feeling a little better.

After she finished the fruit, she leans back into me.
"You did great, honey." I kiss her head and get a soft smile from her.
Since I also finished my food, I put the tray aside and look down at y/n.
"Wanna watch a movie?"
She nods and I turn on the TV, opening Netflix and letting her chose a film. 

While watching, I keep switching between drawing shapes onto her stomach and putting the heating pad back on.
Her body relaxes more and more and her expression is filled with less pain.
She snuggles into me more and turns her head, to kiss me.
"I love you, Tasha."
I smile at her, only she is allowed to call me this.
"I love you more, y/n."
I kiss her back and after we separate for air, she leans her forehead against mine and whispers: "Thank you, for taking care of me."
"Always and forever, my love."