Sleepy

Pov y/n

I'm currently sitting on the sofa in Nat's and I's room and scroll through my phone.
It's been a long day at university and I am honestly a little tired, but it feels to soon to go to bed and I also have a bit of homework to do. Not for tomorrow but still.
The problem is my not existing motivation and I just cuddle into the blanket further.

The door opens and Nat walks in, smiling at me and approaching.
"Hey, honey." She gives me a kiss that I return.
After she puts away some stuff from work, she sits down next to me and I put my phone away.
"How was your day?"
I look at her and cuddle a little into her arms and she starts to run her fingers up and down my arm.

"Long. Uni went from 10am until 5pm and the professors were either boring or did the really complicated stuff. And with the workout I did with a friend before, it was pretty exhausting." I let out a little huff, thinking about my day.
"My poor baby." Nat says and kisses my head. She says it in a way that doesn't sound condescending at all.

"How was your day?" I ask back and look up at her.
"It was productive. I didn't have a mission today, just paperwork and a few meetings. They were fun though because Tony cracked some jokes. Don't tell him I said that or he'll tease me about it forever."
Her grin is very cute and I kiss her cheek.

Usually, we start our day together but she had to be at a meeting very early this morning, that's why we didn't get to talk about our days.
"How are you?" Her eyes lock with mine and I get lost in the beautiful green for a few seconds.
"I'm good so far, just exhausted and a little sleepy." I admit and snuggle more into her.
"Maybe we should go to bed earlier today then?" Her voice is soft and she combs her fingers gently through my hair. I hum in disagreement.

"Why not?"
"Because... I don't want to and will probably have my energy back in a little while. And I would also feel kinda dumb for going to bed this early."
I side glance at the clock that shows it's 8 pm.
"It's not dumb, baby. You had a long, hard day so it's natural that your body is tired."
"It wasn't that long though..."
"Don't talk yourself or your exhaustion down. It's okay to be tired and to not have a lot energy left. And even if you did nothing the whole day, it's still okay to be tired. I'm sleepy, too." She assures and places a soft kiss on my hair.

"Still don't wanna." I mumble, being a little moody due to my tiredness. Luckily Nat knows that I can get moody when I'm tired and doesn't take it personal.
"Hmmm." She thinks before she gets up, leaving me alone on the sofa and I pout. Her lips form a soft smile.
"Have you had dinner yet?" She asks while walking towards the bathroom.
"I did." I reply, watching her.

When she comes back and offers me a hand, I get up and let her pull me towards our closet.
We pick out pyjamas and she leads me to the bathroom and I see the bathtub filling with water.
It doesn't take long until it's full and we get undressed and into the tub.
The water is nicely warm and I lean back into Nat who sits behind me and wraps her arms around my body.
Her lips on my neck are soft and I close my eyes, enjoying the feeling of her lips and her hands, that lightly brush the skin on my stomach.
I hum in approval and feel her smile against my neck.

After a while she stops her movements to get the shampoo and wets my hair before she massages the shampoo into my hair and I sink into her touch, loving the feeling of her fingers in my hair.
As careful as she applied it, she washes the shampoo out and I sigh at her soft touch.
She carefully gets up and wraps a towel around herself, after I admired her naked body, and helps me out, holding a towel open for me. I smile and let her wrap me up and wrap one around my hair.

We dry off, get into our pyjamas and brush our teeth.
Before we go back into the bedroom, I blow dry my hair because I don't want to get the bed wet.
Nat's sitting on the bed, waiting for me and padding the space in front of her. I sit down and look at the TV, she turned on y/f/s (your favorite show) and I smile widely at her, giving her a kiss.

While I watch, she brushes my hair and braids it so it's ready for the night.
I still don't really wanna go to bed but the bath was really relaxing and got me even more tired.
After the episode is over, I get up and go over to our desk, feeling Nat's confused eyes on me.
"What are you doing, baby?"
"I wasn't productive after Uni today, so I'm gonna do it now."
I sit down and pull out some folders. Nat approaches me and cups my face.
"It's okay to not always do something after work. And none of this is due tomorrow and you're tired, I can see it in your eyes."

I cross my arms a little and pout, my inner child tends to come out when I'm tired and it's a little fussy right now.
Nat kisses the pout off my lips and lifts me up, making me squeal a little.
"Stop being so stubborn about this, my love. You deserve to rest."
She carries me to our bed and lays down with me.
I think about getting up but when she pulls the blanket over us, I let it go and shift, to lay on her.
My head rests on her chest and I can hear her heartbeat which always calms me down.
She hugs me and I lay my legs next to her body and pull one up a little to be completely comfortable.

One of her hands finds it's way to my hair and brushes it softly while the other is stroking my back.
"I know you're trying to lull me to sleep." I tell her in a sleepy voice.
"I know you do." She whispers and kisses my head.
Then she starts to silently hum a Russian lullaby and my eye lids start to get heavy.

Pov Nat
Her eyes close slowly and I continue the humming and stroking, knowing it won't be long until she drifts off to sleep.
Sometimes she can be very stubborn about this but I also love this side about her, along all the others. It's cute how fast I can calm her down and how much effect I have on her.
I know my routines to get her sleepy enough so she stops fighting it.

She sometimes has a hard time, taking care of herself when it comes to her sleeping enough. It's because she wants to be productive and hard working but it tires her out.
On those days I see it as my responsibility to gently get her into bed until she falls asleep so she has enough energy the next day.
It works pretty good and the next day she has all her wonderful energy back and gets the things easier done.

I look down at my little cuddly girlfriend and my humming gets quieter until it fades completely.
She doesn't complain and I listen to her breath being completely even and smile, she's asleep.
I kiss her hair gently and close my own eyes after turning out the lights.
I love falling asleep when she's on me because it makes me happy and I feel like I can fully protect her.
With the thoughts by my beautiful y/n I fall sleep too.