Just a little fight

TW: mentions of a fight and maybe blood and injuries

Pov Nat

I sit in the living room, reading a book as I hear someone walking in. Due to the sound of the steps, it seems like this person doesn’t want to be noticed.

“Hello?” I ask casually to see if the person will answer.
The footsteps stop and after a few seconds of silence I get an answer.
“Hey Tasha.”
It’s y/n, my girlfriend but why does she sneak around?

I put the book away and turn around in an attempt to see her but she seems to be in the hallway.
That’s odd, normally she greets me when she comes back from university and tells me about her day.

“How was your day, baby?”
“Good.”
The footsteps get quieter and soon they are completely gone. Something is off. She usually answers more than one word and even if she had a bad day, she comes to me to get some cuddles to cheer her up.
Maybe she got an exam back and got a bad grade and isn’t ready to talk about it yet?
But why the sneaking around? She could have simply told me that she wants to be alone right now. I would have respected that because everyone has boundaries which shouldn’t be overstepped or ignored.

There are possible reasons why she would want to go to our room first and I shouldn’t overanalyze it. She’ll talk to me soon and tell me what it’s about.
I nod to myself and take the book back in my hands and continue reading.

Pov y/n

I put my backpack down quickly and go into the bathroom. The mirror reflects my face and I am released Nat didn’t see me like this.
My lip is bleeding and there’s a cut above my left eyebrow. It stings but it’s not unbearable.
I splash some water into my face and wash off the blood.
Doesn’t look that bad now but she will still notice and ask.
If I tell her that I got in a fight with one of my fellow students over the fact that she talked shit about the Avengers and Nat, my girlfriend herself will find that girl and make her wish she never said anything.

Not because she feels hurt, not everyone likes the Avengers and that’s okay but because that girl fought me. But if we’re being honest, who would have kept quiet when some random girl calls your girlfriend ‘an overpowered idiot with way too much trauma’.

I tried to stay friendly and asked her why she thinks Natasha is overpowered and what her past has to do with all of this.
She said all of the Avengers were overpowered because they are friends of Tony who has a lot of influence due to his money.
And ‘the others’ didn’t do anything to deserve that much credit, especially not Natasha since she is a Russian spy and would turn her back on us for just enough money.

That’s were I kind of lost it and yelled at her that she has no idea how often the Avengers saved us and that none of them would betray us.

Yeah, she didn’t like being yelled at and came closer to be. Since we were outside, a few students saw us and were turning into our direction, sensing a fight.
She asked me who I am to judge this and I told her that I’m Natasha’s girlfriend and that I in fact know more about her than that girl.
That shut her up for a few seconds but then she started laughing and told me I have a great imagination and should watch out that ‘my girlfriend’, yes she put it in quotes, wouldn’t cheat on me with someone more attractive.

Since she pulled this fight down to this kind of level, I told her that I don’t have to worry about that and that she shouldn’t project her fears onto me.
Let’s just say she didn’t take that well. Her fist met my lip and she shouted at me that I have no right to assume something like that and that I should go back to my slut of a girlfriend.
I don’t mind being called something like that but her dragging Nat into this and calling her a slut, made my blood boil and a second later my hand landed on her cheek and from there on it escalated quickly.