We love you part 2

TW: Minor injuries, short mentioning of blood, bullying, insecurities

Pov y/n

When we arrive at the compound, Mommy leads me to our floor and into their bathroom. She sits me up on the sink and takes care of the bite mark. It doesn't hurt that bad and only bleeds a little bit.
The classmate bite me after the teacher yelled out my name because she saw me hit him but had to turn around shortly to put something away before she came to us. In this short time, the boy bite my arm.

Mommy cleans it and puts a band-aid with little frogs on it before she kisses my arm.
"All better now?" She asks and I nod a little.
After she helped me back down, we go into the bedroom and Mama comes with a plate and hands me a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich that I hungrily eat.

When I'm done, mommy sits in front of the bed to face me, while mama stays next to me.
"Can you tell us, why you hit that boy?" Mommy's voice is soft, even though she looks a little angry.
"He was being mean." I say and look down again.
"Sweetie, we don't hit people because they are mean. Violence is not a solution." Mama lightly scolds me.

"You and mommy fight other people all the time." I pout and cross my arms, suddenly being moody.
"First of all, that's different and I know it's hard to understand but we will explain it to you later and second of all, please put that attitude away." Her voice is a little firmer now but still a bit soft.

"I'm sorry." I apologize and bite my lip as I feel tears building up in my eyes.
"Can you please tell us what happened, sweetheart?" Mommy asks and gently lifts up my chin to look at her.
I feel my throat tightening and can't fight the tears anymore.
Today has been a lot and the fight with the other kid keeps replaying in my head.
Mama's arms wrap around me and pull me closer to her.
"Shhh, it's all good baby, you're safe here. We aren't mad at you, we just want to understand why you did it." She coos and I feel Mommy sitting down on my other side.
I keep crying and burry my head in Mama's chest. She gently rubs my back and kisses my head, trying to sooth me.

Pov Wanda

I look at Nat who looks as clueless as I and we look down on y/n. I hate to see her cry, she is our little angle and usually so full of joy but something seriously seems to bother her.
She doesn't seem to calm down, so I gently turn her face a little, to look at her.
"Can you breathe with me?"
Her red, puffy eyes look at me and she nods a little, a little shaking from her crying.
"Okay. We take a deep breath in..." I demonstrate and watch as she inhales shakily.
"And we breathe out..." She follows my lead and we repeat this a couple of times until she calms down and her crying turns into a few sobs.

Nat wipes her tears away with a tissue and kisses her forehead.
I tug a few lose strains of red hair behind her ear.
She leans back a little so she isn't completely buried into Nat anymore.
"Are you ready to talk about it?" I ask and after a little while, y/n nods and breathes in before she starts talking.

"This boy, Chad, he came up to me during art class and looked at my picture. We were supposed to draw our families, so I drew you and Mama and me. He made a dumb face and said that we are not a real family...because I have two moms and no dad. I told him that it doesn't matter who your parents are and that there are families with two moms and two dads and a mom and a dad and also single parents. Those are all real families. But he just laughed and said that it's wrong. That upset me and I got up to stand in front of my picture because he wasn't stopping to look at it..."

She stops for a few seconds and wipes over her eyes.
It hurts me to see her like this and especially seeing how much the words of that Chad kid hurt her.

"Then he said you weren't my real family because I can't be the daughter of both of you. It takes a mom and a dad to have a child so only one of you could be my mom. I told him that you are both my mom, and it doesn't matter who had me..."

Pov Nat

Her y/e/c eyes look at me and I see the sadness in them. Wanda was the one who gave birth to her since I can't have children but I always considered y/n my real daughter.
DNA doesn't define your family, we taught her that from early on because we wanted her to know where she came from.

I nod at her to encourage her to go on because there seems to be more to it. Her voice is more silent when she starts talking again.

"Then he said that it does matter because you weren't my actual mother, so you couldn't really truly love me. That hurt my feelings and I told him that he's wrong but he kept going and said that our family is weird and so am I and that none of you probably love me...and I started crying...he teased me about it, so I hit him because he was an idiot and didn't stop. Shortly before the teacher came, he bite me...and then the teacher took me to the principal."

New tears run down her cheeks and I have a hard time not to start crying myself. It breaks my heart that she had to go through this and that this boy made her cry.
"You know mommy and I both love you with our whole hearts, right?" I ask and she looks up at me again and when she slightly shakes her head, I hear Wanda let out a little sob.
I pull y/n a little closer to me and place a kiss on her cheek.

"You are not weird and neither is our family. You are my daughter, no matter what anyone else out there says. I am your mother and I love you with all I am and have. I think you are wonderful and I am so glad you are my daughter because you make mine and mommy's life complete. We wanted to have you and when she had you, we couldn't have been happier and that lasts till today. There's not a single day where we didn't love you." I assure her and her eyes never left mine as if she wants to see if I'm being honest.

"Your mama is right, sweetheart. We love you so, so much and without you we wouldn't be as happy as we are right now. You completed our family and there is nothing weird about it. I love you with my whole heart and wouldn't want to trade you for anything in the world." Wanda tells our daughter and she looks up at her mommy before her eyes dart to mine again.
Her expression is less sad and the crying has stopped.
"Do you really mean that?"
"Of course we do, honey." Wanda says and strokes y/n's hair. "We love you so much and more."

She opens her arms as wide as she can and a little smile appears on the face of our six-year-old.
"I love you too, so much." Y/n says and also opens her arms as wide as she can before she jumps into Wanda's arms.
I smile and when Wanda looks at me and gestures to join in, I hug both of them.
Our daughter squeals a little but cuddles into both of us.
She giggles when we start to kiss her face and it makes my heart a bit lighter to hear that sound again.

After we fell over, I let go of my little family and sit up again. Wanda also sits up and places y/n in my lap before she grabs the picture frame from her nightstand and sits next to us.
I smile, it's the picture from the day, our little miracle was born.
Wanda is still in her hospital dress and lays in the bed, a little baby wrapped up in towels in her arms and she looks down at it, the biggest smile on her face. I sit next to her, one arm around her shoulder and the other hand is placed carefully on the little body. My smile is as wide as hers and we look at our baby in adoration.

"See, this is the day you were born. The happiest day in our lives and from that moment you were our daughter and so loved and we never stopped and never will stop loving you." Wanda says and y/n's hands grab at the frame of the picture while she looks at it.
"Promise?" She asks and looks from Wanda to me and we both nod and promise.
"No matter what Chad says?" The insecurity in her voice makes me sad and I kiss her hair.
"No matter what he or anyone else says!" I state and pull her into another hug.

Wanda rubs her back and looks at me and her expression changes to a mad one and her eyes start to glow a little red.
Someone's parents will get a very angry call and will have to deal with my furious wife.
Let's hope she'll never see Chad or he will have to experience real fear when Wanda tilts her head at him.