Vacation- part 1: Flight

A/n: This is gonna be splitted into four parts because it got longer than I expected. I hope you like this.
Kind of part two to the Christmas chapter, at least for me

TW: being scared of sleeping on a plane

Pov y/n

I wake up to kisses all over my face.
"Wake up, baby." A sweet voice says in between the kisses.
My eyes open slowly and I look into the green ones of my girlfriend. She smiles at me and places a soft kiss on my lips that I return.
"You need to get up, sleepyhead." She says and lets go of me to stand next to the bed.
I burry my head in the pillow and pull my blanket over my head.
"It's way too early." I complain when she pulls the blanket off of me .
"I know but we want to catch our plane, don't we?"

That's when my brain finally remembers why she wakes me up this early. We are going on our Europe trip today.
Excitement fills my body and I open my eyes again and sit up.
We decided we wanted to take a plane and not the quintjet because it's quite a long flight and for the real feeling, we will take the plane. It took us a bit of planning to find a suitable time for our vacation but we settled on May. I waited impatiently for May to arrive and now it's finally here.

I get up and look at the alarm clock shortly, just to be reminded that it's only 4 am.
"I'll bring our suitcases downstairs, okay?" Nat asks, already fully dressed and wide awake.
I don't know how she does it but it's impressive that she has this much energy this early.
"Okay, I'll come down as soon as I'm dressed." I answer and watch as she carries our suitcases out of the room.
Luckily I laid out my travel cloth yesterday so I just have to get in them today.
After a quick visit of the bath, I'm ready and go downstairs to meet with my girlfriend.
"All done?" She asks and I nod taking my own suitcase to bring it outside to the taxi.

While driving to the airport, I lean on Nat's shoulder. Even though I'm excited, I still feel pretty tired.
"How are you this awake?" I ask her and she chuckles and tugs some hair behind my ear.
"Well, I took a shower and am really looking forward to this trip so..."
"You took a shower this morning? When did you get up?" My confusion makes her chuckle even more.
"Around 2:30 am. It's not a big deal though, sometimes my missions also start this early, remember?"
Of course I do but I never really realized it because she just wasn't there when I woke up the next day.
"True. I guess it's good then, we got to bed early yesterday." I yawn and her chuckle turns into a smirk.

"You say it like you didn't try to convince me to 'stay up' a little longer." Her eyes shortly dart to the driver when she talks and she leans closer to whisper into my ear. "I would have loved to go down on you but it would have made you even more tired now."
A slight shiver runs down my back when I remember the last evening but nod in agreement.
It would have turned into a night full of sex and we probably would only have slept an hour or two.
"But I promise, I'll make it up to you." She smirks lightly and kisses my cheek that blush at her comment.
My brain is a little too tired to come up with a smart reply and I just stay quiet.

We arrive at the airport, get out of the car and go through security.
Our flight goes in around an hour, so we sit down and wait.
My stomach makes some noise and I sigh a little frustrated.
"What's the matter, my love?" Nat asks and looks at me.
"I should have eaten before we left, I'm getting hungry." I tell her.
She smiles at me and pulls a bag with sandwiches from her backpack.
I love this woman! Somehow she always thinks about everything.
"You are amazing." I say between bites and look into her eyes that watch me and she smiles.
"I'll always be there to take care of you. I love doing that." She shares.
"And I love you." I tell her and lean over to give her a kiss.
"One day I'll make you mine forever." I whisper against her lips. "And then you'll never get rid of me."

She chuckles at me and kisses my nose. "I'd never want to get rid of you. You fill my heart with too much happiness to give you away."
A warm feeling bubbles up in me and I look into her emerald eyes that are filled with so much love.
We gaze into each other's eyes for a while until my stomach demands the rest of the sandwich.
The rest of the time we have to wait for the flight, we spend walking around the airport and looking at the little stores.

We board the plane and sit down in hour seats, listen to the flight attended and off we go.
I look out the windows and watch the clouds in awe for a long time.
But my eyes get tired and my head starts to throb a little, so I look over at Nat who has a book in her hands but watches me.
"Everything okay?" She asks, sounding a little worried.
It's incredible how observant she is, she notices the slightest bit of mood change or body language.
Of course, it's kind of obvious since she's a former assassin but still.

"My head just feels a little weird, it does that when I have to get up very early." I explain and turn my body to face hers.
"Maybe you should take a nap, we will be on the plane for another few hours." She offers and I nod in agreement and push back the back of my chair to have a little bed.
We're flying first class so it's pretty comfortable but once I close my eyes, my mind starts racing and I realize that I'm literally in the air, trying to sleep.
That thought makes me feel a little insecure and unsafe and I start to shift, trying to find a comfortable position.
When a hand touches my shoulder, I open my eyes to look at my girlfriend.

"Hey, everything okay?" She asks softly and I shake my head and tell her what's going on in my mind.
She nods and motions for me to move a little before she lays down in my bed and carefully pulls me on top of her.
"I'm here and I will protect you, in case anything happens." She assures and I lay my head on her chest, listening to her steady heartbeat and my body calms down.

She is my safe space and as long as I am with her, I feel safe.
Her one hand rubs slow circles on my back while the other plays with my hair and she slowly lulls me to sleep.
When I wake up a few hours later, Nat is also asleep and I watch her peaceful face and smile at her beauty. How did I get so lucky?
The rest of the flight is calm and we cuddle some more, eat brunch and watch some movies.