Pancakes

A/n: Nat and y/n have kids in this one. It's kind of a next part to "A new life" but you don't have to read those chapters to understand this one.

Pov y/n

I wake up to sun in my face and stretch before I open my eyes.
When I turn my head, I see my wife peacefully sleeping next to me and smile. She is so beautiful and I can't resist the urge to give her a soft kiss on the cheek. Her eyes slowly flutter open and she smiles.
"Good morning, my love." She says with her raspy morning voice that I absolutely adore.
"Good morning, babe." I answer back and peek her lips. "I didn't mean to wake you."
One of her hands softly cups my cheek and we lock eyes.

"Don't worry, you didn't. I was already awake for a bit." She assures me and I cuddle into her.
My head lays on her chest and I listen to her heartbeat while she combs through my hair with her fingers. I love these calm mornings, they are the best.
Our quiet time is over when we hear little footsteps outside our door and watch as it opens a bit and our son comes in. He runs over to our bed and I let go of Nat so she can catch him and lift him up onto the bed with us.
Kilian giggles when I start tickling him. He tries to wiggle free but he's trapped between Nat and I.
"Stop, mommy." He laughs and I let go of him to kiss his blonde hair.
Nat holds out her arm for the both of us to cuddle into. Kilian takes the offer with joy and cuddles into his mama. I smile at the action and cuddle the both of them, placing soft kisses on his hair.

He is so full of energy but loves to cuddle at the same time. Kilian is such a sweet child and I can't imagine a life without him anymore. I had him a little over three years ago and he completes our little family even more.
After some quiet cuddling time, he falls asleep again and I smile at Nat who kisses his forehead gently. We both love when he comes in for morning snuggles.

I slowly detach myself from Nat, careful not to wake our son. Nat wraps him in her arms and lifts him up while standing up. She carries him into his room so he can sleep a bit more while I put on a robe and some slippers to go to the kitchen.
I decide to make pancakes for everyone and start to mix the ingredients when two hands slide around my waist. A soft kiss is placed on the side of my neck and I lean back into Nat's arms.
"Waffles or pancakes?" She asks and watches me mixing everything together.
"Pancakes." I answer and pout a little when her arms let go of me so she can get the pans ready.
"Why the pout?" She asks softly when she turns to look at me.
"Because you let go of me." I explain and continue pouting.
She smiles and comes back to me to kiss my lips multiple times until the pout is gone and I give in and kiss her back.

"I love you." She whispers against my lips.
"You better, you married me eight years ago." I tease before I kiss her again. "I love you too."
We get back to making breakfast and start to make pancakes, using two pans because it's faster.
A cheeky grin creeps on Nat's face and she takes the pan off the stove to flip the pancake in the air. I laugh and clap when she does it perfectly.
"Very impressive, Mrs. Romanoff." I state and she nods proudly at me.
She puts it back on the stove just to take it off a few moments later when the pancake is ready to show of some more. She does a few tricks and catches it every time. I clap and laugh.

"Are we having pancakes?" I hear an excited voice and turn around to look at our daughter.
"Yes we do, sweetheart. And good morning." I say while she approaches us.
"Good morning, mommy." She answers and lets me pick her up to give her a hug and some kisses.
"Good morning, mama." Nat smiles at her and gives her a kiss on the temple.
"Good morning, sunshine. How did you sleep?" She asks while I sit Florence on the kitchen counter next to me and in some distance to the stoves.
"Great." She beams at us and I brush some hair out of her face before I continue the pancakes.

Flo helps me and pours the mixture into the pan. She watches us and swings her feet in the air.
Nat does the air-flip-trick again and earns a giggle from our seven-year old.
"That's so cool, mama. Can I do that, too? Please." She makes her best puppy dog eyes at Nat who can't resist them and she lifts her off the counter.
"We try a smaller one. Okay, sunshine?"
Flo nods and waits until the pancake is done and Nat pours less into the pan so the flip will be easier.

I watch them with a chuckle as Nat stands behind Flo and lets her hold the pan with her and they flip the pancake. A squeal leaves our little girl's mouth.
"Again?" She asks when the pan is back on the stove.
"We have to wait until it's done but then of course." Nat states.
They flip the finished pancake and giggle together which absolutely melts my heart.
"Can we go higher?" Flo asks and my goofball of a wife agrees.
I watch the pancake fly through the air but this time they miscalculated and it crashes into the flour, making a mess on the kitchen counter.
I bite my lip to stop myself from bursting into a laugh. Flo looks up at her mama and I see that Nat is also holding back a laugh.

"Well, that didn't work out as I thought it would." She admits and laughs. Flo joins in and I chuckle.
"Me too." I turn around to see Kilian running towards us and catch him to scoop him up.
"You wanna make a mess to, bean?" I ask while he leans his head against my shoulder and nods.
Nat and I share a look.
"That's on you." I grin and she nods.
"Okay, bub." I address our son and walk towards the flour to pick some up.
Flo giggles when Kilian grabs some out of my hand and I tap my own nose, then point at my wife. He understands and grabs Nat's nose, leaving a flour print.

"Well, that's on you." She shakes her head at me with a smile that I return.
"And so is this." I add and give Kilian some more flour and throw the rest in my hand at Nat's apron. He follows my lead and we laugh.
"We have two children, remember?" She asks with a smirk and motions for Florence to come closer.
I sense their plan and quickly make my way around the kitchen aisle with Kilian while both of them grab some of the flour that's spread on our counter. Nat leans down to Flo and whispers something in her ear before they split and each go around a different side of the isle to trap me.
"I surrender." I laugh and hold up the one hand that isn't holding Kilian.
They reach me and Nat picks Flo up with one arm so she can softly lay her floury hand onto my cheek. She giggles at the handprint on my face and I kiss her in return.
Nat and I both put the kids down to send them to wash their hands.

"I still have some flour left." Nat whispers into my ear and a second later she smacks my butt, making me jump a little.
"You had to, didn't you?" I tease her and pull her in for a kiss.
"Of course. I purposely waited for the kids to be out of the room though." She answers after our kiss.
I shake my head with a smile and we quickly clean up the rest of the spread flour.
Luckily the pancakes are all done and the accident happened with the last one.

We carry the plates with food into the dinning area and set the table.
"That print on your butt looks good, baby." Nat says seductively and puts her hand back on the handprint.
"You can leave other prints later tonight, when the kids are in bed." I smirk and she kisses me hungrily before we are interrupted by our children and pull away.
Breakfast is fun and we start to plan the day.