Happy for you

POV Natasha

I sit in the living room, as I hear the door opening and someone coming in.
As I turn around, I see my beautiful girlfriend y/n. She's wearing a warm jacket and a scarf since it's January and pretty cold outside. I get up to greet her.

"Hey, baby."
Her eyes meet mine and they sparkle with joy.
"Heyy."
She gives me a welcoming kiss before putting her shoes aside.
"How was your day?" I ask as I take her backpack so she can get out of her jacket. 

Since I've had a mission very early this morning, I didn't see her at all today.
I missed her like crazy and can't wait to hear what she's been up to.
Listening to her talk is one of my favorite things to do because she's always so adorably happy when she rambles on about something she is happy or excited about.
Her face lights up when she talks and it's so cute and makes me so happy, too.

 "It was great." Her smile is wide and she gives me a big hug.
I wrap my arms around her and breathe in her smell.
It's sweet and fresh and right now she smells a bit like cold air, which is obvious because she just came in.

As she pulls away I see her cheeks are a little red from the cold weather.
I cup her face with the one hand I don't hold her backpack with and she leans into it a little bit. "It's pretty cold outside, isn't it?"
I smile as she nods and locks eyes with me for a few seconds.
"I think I'm gonna wash my hands really quick to warm them up." She informs me and I nod, taking her backpack with me into the living room, waiting for her.

A few minutes later she comes back, with warm socks on her feet and falls onto the couch next to me.
"Exhausted?" I ask and watch her turn around to face me.
"A little bit. How was your mission? Did you get hurt?" Her eyes wander over my body and I shake my head, gently pushing her chin up, to look me in the eyes again.
"I'm fine. It went great and no one got hurt."
After a soft kiss, the worry in her eyes vanishes and we just look into each others eyes for a few moments.

"So, what did you do today?" I nod towards her bag and her eyes grow big as if she forgot about it.
"I was in the city today, ran some errands and bought some stuff." Her eyes light up with excitement and she's not able to sit still anymore, gets up and kneels down to grab her backpack.
"Uhh, what did you buy?" I ask, getting excited myself. 

When she gets like this it's hard to not fall into the same, happy mood. And even if I wouldn't share her mood, I'd still make sure to be happy and hyped for her because I don't wanna ruin her happy mood. She deserves to be happy.
I don't want to be the person who makes her feel bad for being joyful. I know it can be hard to be cheerful when the other person is turning you down and muffling your mood. That's why I always make sure to listen to her and be happy with and for her.

"First I went to buy new cleaning stuff...." She pulls out some stuff for the bathroom and puts it on the coffee table.
"And also new tea because your favorite is almost empty and it's winter and I don't want you to not have your favorite tea." She puts the tea on the table and I feel my heart go soft.
She is always so caring and thoughtful. 

I come down to her and pull her in for a long kiss. She seems a little confused so I simply say:
"I just love you for the way you are."
Her smile grows wider and her cheeks blush a little and it's really cute.
"I love you, too." She replies and smiles at me for a moment before diving back into her haul.
"They also got this new tea called 'apple crumble' and I couldn't resist."
A package of apple crumble tea finds its way out of her backpack.
"It sounded so delicious and I can't wait to try it."
How can a person get so cutely excited over tea? It's literally adorable.

I take the tea and look at it. "It really sounds good, looking forward to trying it." She nods and dives back into her backpack.
"And fitting to the tea..." She pulls out some sweets and I chuckle, as she tells me how it came to her buying them.
Sometimes she's like a child that gets happy and excited over every small thing and I love it. It's one of my favorite things about her.

After that she pulls a bag of popcorn out.
"I couldn't resist." She looks a little apologizing at me but I just shake my head and laugh a little. "I love it! We haven't had popcorn in a while."
"Right? And I thought we always liked this one and it's the best they have but it's not always there so I thought I'd buy it before it's gone."
A bit of pride swings within her voice and she places the popcorn on the table.
Before she gets out the next thing, she starts to get even more excited and almost jumps up and down while sitting.

"Do you remember the book I told you about, that they didn't have?" Her eyes are big and she looks at me, waiting for an answer.
"Of course. The one about the lost princess." She nods excitedly and pulls a book out of her bag.
"It was there this time!" Her voice gets a little bit higher because of her cheering and she holds the book in front of my face.
I take it and look at it, smiling. "That's great, I'm so happy for you, baby."
She bites her lip a bit shyly. "Thank you."
"Anytime, sweetheart."

"And as I was wandering around the book store, I saw another book. I've already heard of it and saw it a few times, so I looked at it and read what the description says and it sounded really great and the cover is so pretty and....look!" She pulls it out and holds it up to me. I admire the cover and carefully brush over it. "It really is pretty."
She eagerly nods.

"What's it about?"
Her eyes light up a little more out of glee about my interest and she starts talking about the book, gets a little lost and closes off with: "...and that's when I knew I needed this book."
"Totally relatable, sounds great."
She nods. "Can I show you the last thing?"
"Of course, go on." I encourage her, never getting tired of listening to her.
Without any further explanations, she pulls out a t-shirt and holds it up. It's from her favorite show and I know she's been looking for merch for a while now.

"Baby, that's great. It's so cool! I'm so happy for you." Her smile grows as big as possible and I can't help but hug her. She lets out a surprised squeal and hugs me back.
"How about we watch a few episodes of that show, drink tea and eat popcorn tonight?" I suggest after letting go of her.
"I'd love that." She jumps up in excitement.
"Great, then we'll do it."
I also get up and grab the washing goods she bought to bring them into the bathroom. She takes her new books and jump-runs to her bookshelf to put them there.

Half an hour later we sit on the sofa, snuggled up into a blanket and she's cuddled into me.
Our tea cups are on the coffee table and she has a bowl of popcorn on her lap while the sweets lay in mine. Her eyes are focused on the screen and she eats popcorn, concentrated on the show.
It was a little too cold for her to wear the t-shirt so I gave her one of my hoodies that she loves to wear.
Now she is happily cuddled into me and watching her favorite show, as happy as she can be.

I love her happy, bubbly, excited self and it always makes my heart melt when I see her like this. It's literally the cutest and most loving thing I've ever seen and I am so glad that she feels save and secure enough around me to be this version of herself and that she shows me what she got and enjoys it and allows me to be happy with her.
I just love her so much and would give everything to see her this way.