Sick

Pov Nat

I wake up and slowly open my eyes to look at my beautiful girlfriend y/n. When I look at her, I am surprised to see, that she's laying there without any blanket. Apparently she seems to have kicked it off in the night because it's laying at her feet but that seems unusual since it's winter and really cold.

I carefully stroke her arm and she feels really cold, that can't be good.
"Baby?" I say softly and get back a grumble but she turns around to face me.
"Are you cold?"
Her eyes open and she looks at me confused.
"What?"
"Are you cold?" I repeat my question and she shakes her head.
I place my hand on her cheek and she nuzzles her face into my hand which makes me smile.
She's adorable but her face also feels cold and I'm worried she's cooled down so I place a kiss on her hair and get up.

Her eyes follow me and she makes grabby hands at me to signal me to come back to bed and cuddle with her.
"I'm gonna be right back, baby." I say and my heart melts at her cute little pout.
Before I go to the bathroom, I pull the blanket back over her.
Once  in the bathroom, I start to run her a bath, hoping to warm her body up a little bit with this.
I prepare her towels and go back to our bedroom.

She's cuddled into the blanket now and her eyes look at me when I sit on the bed.
"I made you a bath." I tell her and offer my hand to pull her up.
She takes it and follows me to the bathroom.
Something is different today, she seems a little different than usual. Not in a bad way but I'm still wondering what it could be.

She gets out of her cloths and sits in the tub. I turn around to leave her and prepare some breakfast when I hear her voice.
"Join me?"
She makes her puppy dog eyes at me that I can't say no to and I nod, getting out of my cloth and joining her.
I sit behind her and she leans back into me and I smile, someone is in a snuggly mood today. But I don't mind, it's very cute and I love to cuddle her.
We sit in the tub for a while and just relax and I can feel her skin getting warm again which makes me happy.

After some time we get out and wrap some towels around us.
When I turn around to her, she's leaning against the sink and looks pretty pale.
"What's the matter baby?" I ask worried and come a few steps closer to her.
"I don't feel good. My stomach hurts." She explains and looks at me.
"Oh my poor baby." I coo and kiss her forehead before I lead her into our bedroom to get dressed.
"We'll just have a calm day in bed, okay?" I offer and she nods in agreement and sits down.

Looks like someone doesn't have a lot energy today. Hopefully it'll get better soon, I don't like seeing her like this.
I pick out some joggers and a sweatshirt of mine for her and help her get dressed after I got in my own cloths.
She crawls back into bed and lays down. I sit next to her and brush over her hair while thinking how I can help her.
"Are you hungry?" I ask and she slightly shakes her head.
"But you can go and make yourself something, I'll be fine. It'll vanish soon." A little smile appears on her lips as she looks at me and I can't help but to smile too.

I nod and tell her I'll be back soon and head to the kitchen to make some breakfast.
Even though she said she wasn't hungry, I make her a toast and chop some fruits, just in case.
When I arrive back at our room, she's already asleep again, so I place her plate and the water bottle I got her on the nightstand and sit down at the desk.
There are just a few documents I need to fill out today and soon I'm occupied with work.

Around two hours later, I hear her move a lot in bed and look over.
She's turning around a lot, before she opens her eyes and looks confused around. When her eyes settle on me, she calms down a bit and I get up to sit next to her.
"How do you feel?"
"Hot."
I scan her face and notice her baby hairs are stuck to her forehead and she's sweating.
Worry fills my body and I place a hand on her forehead and then on her cheek. She's burning up.

"You have a fever, sweetheart." I say and she just nods and cuddles into her pillow.
That explains her clingy mood and why she was so pale and weak today.
I frown a little at the thought of my sick girlfriend and grab the water bottle from the nightstand.
"Drink some water, it's important you get enough fluids."
She props herself up a little and takes the bottle from my hands and takes a few sips before she lays down again.
"Well done, honey." I say and put the bottle back and get up to get the thermometer.

After I checked her temperature, it's sure she has a fever. But it's not too high so she doesn't have to take medicine.
"You have a little fever. Do you want Bruce to check up on you?" I ask and sit down again.
She buries her face in the pillow and I hear her muffled voice say "No."
That's what I thought but I wanted to be sure.
She doesn't like doctors and especially not Bruce.

I think about what I could do for her when I hear her cough. Her face comes out of the pillow and she looks at me, with sad, sick eyes before another cough shakes her body.
"Maybe something for the cough?" She requests silently and I nod, getting up and blowing her a kiss.
"I'll be right back."
I hurry up to get to the lab for some cough medicine and tell Tony to leave me alone when he wants to tell me about his new suit.
My sick girlfriend has more priority than his new tin can.

When I get back to our room, I already hear her cough again and get in quickly and sit next to her again but she shuffles away a little.
Her y/e/c eyes look at me.
"I don't want to get you sick too." She explains weakly and I smile a little at her for thinking about my well being when she is sick.
"Don't worry about that, baby. I don't get sick, my immune system is very strong. Now, take a little bit medicine for your coughing, okay?"
She nods, to weak to argue back and takes a few drops of the medicine.

I check her temperature again and go to our mini fridge to get some cool water out.
When I turn around, she is looking at me and makes grabby hands in my directions.
Following her silent request, I set the water next to the other bottle and get in bed next to her, my back leaning against the headboard.
She immediately cuddles into me and I smile. When she is sick, she gets clingy and always wants me near her which is adorable and I can't say no to her cute face, I also wouldn't want to though.

I brush over her hair and roll the blanket a little bit down so her body can cool off but she won't freeze.
While my one hand plays with her hair, the other grabs my book and I start to read but get interrupted from a hand that's slightly tugging on my arm.
I look down at my girlfriend who's head rests on my stomach.
"Read to me?" She asks and nod and start to read out loud.
She nuzzles her head back into me and hugs my waist while listening to me.

We spend the rest of the day in bed, I read to her, we watch some shows or she sleeps. In between I check on her temperature and give her water so she stays hydrated.
Eventually she eats the fruits and the toast I made for her and we snuggle a lot.
It's a calm day and I love holding her close to me and taking care of her.