Bruno Madrigal- Ruined: Part 2 (c)

Encanto One Shot

You knew that his family and most of the Encanto believed that he was a bearer of bad news, that somehow, he created terrible futures when really, he could only see what there was to be, and usually the most important moments were the bad ones. He'd had horrible prophecies before, ones that had hurt him to tell but he'd never wanted to completely hide one before.

"Why?" You asked.

"My mamá wanted me to see what this meant, what was to come of the Encanto, if we were losing our powers but she couldn't have expected this. Life will already be too cruel to Mirabel now as an outsider, I cannot partake in making things worse," he stated. "If anyone saw this prophecy, then there would be no more of the family Madrigal, casita would fall, and our miracle would burn out."

You reached out a hand to gently touch his arm in an attempt to comfort him, but it only led to Bruno pulling the prophecy close to his chest so that you couldn't see anything more than the green glow of it.

"Nothing's perfect," you said. "We cannot expect everything to go the best, but our family is strong and together we are going to be able to get through whatever you have seen."

He shook his head, taking a step away from you, out of your reach.

"We will not overcome this. If mamá finds out what I have seen, I will ruin everything. No one would survive this."

Sometimes he saw the worst in his own prophecies, but this was unlike him normally and that only made your concern grow about what he could have seen that would lead to him believing in such a destruction.

"It wouldn't be your fault. Whatever it is that you have seen is not under your control, you know that you can only see the future, you don't control it. Please tell me what you saw so I can try to help you."

Your hand shook as you tried to reach out for him again, but he jumped away before you were able to make any contact with him.

"No one can see this. Not even you," he frowned. "I need to think about this. I need to think about this alone."

One of the things you valued in your relationship was the honesty that you had with one another. It hurt that he couldn't tell you, but you were too scared to press the issue until he had a moment to cool down.

"Come find me when you are ready," you smiled softly. "I will always love you."

"I love you too."

~*~
Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.