Charlie Delgado- 4th July (h)

Lemonade Mouth One Shot

When you'd been friends with someone for so long it was only natural to getting used to having them around.

It was a given that you'd automatically look for them in the halls, try and see if they were in class, always sit with them at lunch.

But what you hadn't realised was that your feelings for Charlie were going far past of those just for a friend.

You'd started to notice the way he twirled his drumsticks when he was nervous, the way his nose crinkled up when he laughed, and that if he ever though you weren't in a good mood he'd try his very best to make you smile.

It was an unnerving thing. The two of you were friends, neither of you had ever hinted at being anything more than that and you knew full well that Charlie had had a crush on his bandmate Mo up until recently.

Given the fact that you were becoming increasingly nervous about your feelings for Charlie, you were unsure about going to spend the 4th July with his parents and the rest of his family.

It was sweet that they had invited you as your parents were working away but you were struggling to not hint to Charlie that you had any form of feelings for him.

But you'd accepted their invitation along with their additional invitation of staying the night so that you weren't going home late at night to an empty house.

"Hello?" you called out through the house as you walked in.

"Y/N!" came your reply from the kitchen.

When you reached the kitchen, after having dumped your things at the stairs, you saw Tommy mixing up some drinks.

He smiled when he saw you and immediately pulled you into a hug.

"I didn't know you were back!"

He laughed once he released you. "Mum's orders, have to come home to celebrate apparently."

You laughed along with him and then took the drinks out to the patio with him.

"Hi Y/N," Mr Delgado greeted you, "Glad you came."

One of Charlie's relatives came up behind Mr Delgado and smiled at you.

"You must be the Y/N we've heard so much amount," she told you. "It's so good to finally meet you."

You blushed slightly but smiled, nonetheless.

"How did Charlie get such a beautiful girlfriend?" she questioned to Mrs Delgado who had just appeared.

Mrs Delgado laughed and pulled you into a hug.

"We wish he would get such a beautiful girlfriend," Mrs Delgado responded. "Our Y/N is such a sweet girl, but it appears that Charlie is yet to do anything about it."

Your blush got even worse at that, knowing that Charlie's mum would want you to go out with Charlie and the fact that you had a very big crush on Charlie didn't help.

You excused yourself and went to find Charlie who was yet to appear.

As you walked through the house you heard Charlie's drumkit from the garage and so headed that way to find him.

When you opened the door, you leant against the doorframe for a bit just to watch him play.

"Charlie!" you yelled down to him.

He stopped playing and turned around to face you. "What are you doing here?"

You crossed your arms and pouted playfully. "Oh, so I'm not good enough for you now?"

He laughed, putting his sticks down before approaching you. "You're more than good enough Y/N."

"One of your relatives thinks I'm your girlfriend by the way," you told him somewhat sheepishly.

"That's not so bad," he commented slinging an arm around your shoulder and steering you back outside. "They could've thought you were Tommy's girlfriend."

You cringed slightly and shook your head. "I wouldn't want to be Tommy's girlfriend."

And of course, Tommy was right behind you as you said that. "Hey!"

Turning around you laughed at the look on Tommy's face, a cross between shock and pure offence. "Sorry Tommy."

He laughed. "You could be with such a better-looking brother."

Charlie scoffed and pulled you into his side a little more.

"She's already with the better-looking brother."

Tommy raised his eyebrows as he looked between the two of you.

"Oh, is she now?" he questioned with amusement in his tone.

You looked up at Charlie in confusion too.

Charlie sighed and shrugged, looking down at you. "If she'll have me."

~*~

Written by Hannah.