Dalia- Walk (c)

Aladdin One Shot

Even as servants there was a hierarchy within the palace. You were a mere servant girl whilst the woman who had caught your eye was a handmaiden to the princess, two ends of the spectrum. Even if you were a servant girl and she wouldn't notice you at all, you couldn't help how fond you had become of her. Dalia was a kind-hearted woman and the small exchanges that you had experienced so far were able to bring a smile to your face. It had taken you a long while to build up all of your courage to admit your feelings to her.

You gathered some flowers and put them into a bouquet before deciding to approach her out in the gardens whilst she was walking around with Princess Jasmine.

"My apologies, Milady," you whispered, curtseying to the princess. "May I have a word with your handmaiden?"

The princess nodded her head before gesturing to Dalia who seemed slightly confused.

"I'm very sorry to disturb your walk but I wanted to give you some flowers," you smiled, handing her the bouquet.

She took it gratefully, taking in the scent of the variety of beautiful flowers that you had arranged for her, a smile growing on her face.

"They are beautiful, thank you."

"I really like you and have done for a while, but I didn't have the courage to speak with you about it. I wanted to know if later today, you would like to accompany me on a walk and get to know each other a bit better?" You asked, trying to bury all of your nerves deep down but they were fighting their way up to the surface once again.

Dalia looked to Jasmine, almost as though she was looking for some advice from her closest friend. Jasmine smiled and that seemed to be enough for the handmaiden.

"I would love to," she smiled warmly.

"Well my legs are already rather tired," Jasmine stated. "I think that I might retire to my chambers, why don't you continue walking the gardens with Y/N instead?"

"If that is okay with you, Princess," Dalia smiled.

Jasmine nodded her head again before walking away from the two of you. Dalia raised the flowers to her nose once again, grinning at the smell before offering you one of her hands. You took it gratefully before the two of you headed off to walk around the gardens, enjoying the company of each other.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.