Prince Adam- Reading (c)

Beauty and the Beast One Shot

When your daughter was born, you instantly could see the similarities between her and your husband. With each day those similarities grew, the same hair on top her head and it seemed as though a smaller, slightly more feminine version of your husband looked up at you. The love you held for the two of them was immense, they were your life the greatest good you could ever imagine. They made you beyond happy to see them, especially together as Adam was an amazing father, whilst your daughter doted on him dearly.

Although you were a well off family, with many people working within the castle, you wished to go get some groceries from town, hating spending all your time locked up within the castle. You loved it there but sometimes you needed to venture out.

When you returned back, you asked one of your friends and servants where your husband or daughter were wanting to tell them both that you were back. They weren't completely certain but they offered the library as a good place to start to look.

You headed to the lavish library. As soon as you walked into the doorway you heard your husband's mellifluous voice reading from the pages of one of the many old books. Your daughter was curled up on his lap looking down at the pages even though she had no idea what the words said, but one of her favourite things was listening to her father read to her.

Adam begun speaking in a peculiar voice that you assumed he had put as one of the characters voices. Your daughter squealed in excitement of the characters voice, making both you and your husband smile.

A small laugh escaped your mouth gaining their attention. Your daughter squealed again, pushing away from your husband and ran into your arms.

"Mummy," she smiled as you lifted her up into your arms, pressing a sloppy kiss onto your cheek.

"Hello sweetie," you smiled in response. "Is your daddy reading to you?"

Her head nodded vigorously, almost dangerously so.

"Her favourite," he chuckled holding up the book so that you could see the cover of your daughter's favourite book.

She technically had never read it but you and your husband had read it to her numerous amounts of times, to the point that the three of you were pretty much capable of reciting the whole things off by heart.

"Come on," she grinned, pointing over towards Adam for you to take her back to the book and her father.

You complied, taking her back to sit in Adam's lap whilst you pressed a kiss onto his lips.

"Sit down Love," he smiled warmly patting the space next to him on the chair.

Happily sitting down, you curled up to Adam's side so that you could also see the book, and your daughter could grab hold of your hand in excitement. It was as though it was a story she had never heard before even if it was something she had spent many days having it read to her.

"Read Daddy," she smiled, using her other hand to pat your husbands shoulder in statement that she wanted more of the story.

He laughed softly, holding the two of you close as he begun to read again.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.