Bruno Madrigal- Son: Part 4 (c)

Encanto One Shot

You had never imagined that you'd have been a single mother, but you made the most of it, even if life had become cruel and difficult. The magic had become questioned again across the years until your family was left with casita as no more than a pile of rubble. You were equally as heartbroken as the rest of the family and were left clung onto your son tearfully when Alma returned with Mirabel and another figure.

It felt as though your heart had stopped when you saw who followed them out of the jungle. A yelp escaped you as you fell to your knees, tears streaming down your face. Having lost him a decade ago, you had come to terms with never seeing Bruno again, you didn't know if it was better to think that he was dead or alive, but you didn't believe that you would see him again. You had dragged your son to the ground with you, him trying to squirm from your tight grasp.

"Mamá," he whined, trying to free himself, not knowing what had led to your reaction.

Bruno slowly approached you, stopping a few steps before you, rubbing his arm to try and distract himself from thinking about the fact he'd been away from you for so long.

"I cannot express how sorry I am, Y/N," he whispered.

You didn't care that his family watched the two of you reuniting, you didn't care that casita fell, all you cared was that he was back, the one wish you had been holding onto since you first realised, he'd left.

With tears streaming down your face, soaking the dark hair of your son, you pulled the two of you up onto your feet, brushing off the dirt that clung to your son, to make him seem at least slightly more presentable for when he met his father.

"I don't care," you whispered. "I have no forgiveness to give, because I never blamed you for leaving. I knew you had to have had a reason and I am just glad you are back."

"I would never have left if I didn't need to," he added.

All you wanted to do was cling onto your husband, but you knew your son was far more important than you right now.

"I think you have someone to meet," you smiled weakly. "Y/S/N, this is your papá. And Bruno, this is your son."

Bruno's emotions got the better of him as he joined you in tears, pulling the two of you into a fight embrace, finally reuniting your small family.

"I am so proud of you mijo. I wish I could have told you sooner, but I am so grateful to have been able to see you grow," Bruno smiled down at his son. "And Y/N, I wish I could have been there for you both, but you did better than I ever could raising our son."

"Don't say that," you croaked. "You are here now, and that is what matters. I love you with all of my heart, I always have."

"And I love you too."

~*~
Written by Charlotte.