Jasmine- Trust (c)

Aladdin One Shot

When your older brother brought a beautiful woman to your home, you never thought it would be the princess. You had never met royalty before, but she wasn't anything like you would imagine a princess to be. Princess Jasmine was kind and intelligent and was able to put a smile on your face. When she left to head back to the palace, you doubted you would ever see her again, but you weren't willing to give up on her. Even if she didn't feel anything romantically for you, you wanted to see her smile again and if you could be friends, then that would be enough to hold out hope for.

As the evening begun to draw in and your brother had headed out to see what he could get from the market before it closed, you decided that seeing the princess was your priority. Not caring about asking, you decided to borrow his magic carpet, not knowing any better way to get into a heavily guarded palace. You hoped onto the carpet, your Arabian wolf, Akela, hot on your heels and headed to the balcony that belonged to the woman you cared for.

"Princess," you said softly, hoping she would hear you from her bed chambers but also not wanting to allow anyone else to notice the carpet floating by the balcony. "Princess."

You waited a moment before the curtain twitched and the door opened revealing the beautiful woman, no longer dressed like the peasant she had tried to convince you she was.

"What are you doing here?" She said with a gentle smile.

"I couldn't bear to not see your smile," you admitted. "I thought I could show you Agrabah from the sky, one of the world's greatest beauties, only second to you."

Jasmine bit her lower lip, not wanting to show how much you had flattered her but also contemplating the offer you had given her.

"Is it not dangerous?" She asked.

You shook your head. "I'd never let you fall."

Her tiger joined her on the balcony, rubbing his head against her leg. You wolf hopped from the carpet to join them, giving the tiger a curious sniff before gently nudging him with his head. Even though they were different species, they seemed interested in each other, not having the opportunity to spend time with anything but humans before.

"Do you promise?" She asked.

"I'd never let anything bad happen to you, Jasmine," you assured her. "But the main question is, do you trust me?"

You held out your hand to her, holding it there for a moment to see if she did trust you to take her on a magic carpet ride. She hesitated before a smile curled onto her lips, her hand taking yours, letting you pull her up onto the carpet.

"I trust you with all of my heart."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.