Jasmine- Tiger: Part 1 (c)

Aladdin One Shot

Whenever you needed an escape, you would head off behind the row of houses at the outskirts of Agrabah and head into the forest to a specific small clearing that had quickly become your happy place. Sometimes life became too hard to handle and you needed to be amongst nature to let out the emotions you had been bottling up until you were ready to face your day-to-day life again. It had been a difficult few days, and before you had reached your happy place, tears had already begun to fall down your cheeks.

Not once since you found this place had you seen anyone or anything else nearby other than an odd insect, so when you heard the rustle of leaves even though the wind was still, you worried that someone had discovered your hiding place. When the overgrowth parted, it wasn't another person, it was a tiger. You tried to scramble to your feet, backing yourself up against the tree you had been sitting by, not sure what you were going to be able to do to survive an encounter with a tiger. You had never seen one in real life before, but you had heard of the damage they could cause.

Fear froze you in your place as the creature stalked towards you. You closed your eyes and braced yourself for the pain that was going to hit you. It didn't. Fur pressed against your arm, nudging at it. As you opened your eyes you saw the tiger rub its head against your arm again, forcing your hand onto his snout. The animal kept moving his head, moving your hand up to the top of its head.

With shaking fingers, you gently ran your hand through the thick orange and black fur, gaining a happy noise from the animal as it closed its eyes and pressed its head up against your hand. You couldn't help but smile at the dangerous predator who seemed content with getting pet. The tiger opened his eyes, nudging its large nose against your cheek to catch the tears that had fallen onto it.

"You aren't what I expected from a tiger," you stated, letting it cuddle up closer to you, still expecting you to stroke its fur whilst it wiped away your tears with its nose.

You happily accepted the comfort from the animal that you had thought would kill you until your initial fear returned as you heard a voice from amongst the forest.

"Rajah!"

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request