Raven Baxter- Prom (c)

That's So Raven One Shot

You let out a sigh as you knocked on the open door, allowing the occupant to know that you were there. Normally, you would have been over the moon to see your best friend Raven but with such disappointment that was to come, you felt as though it would be impossible to be excited about anything. You were both in your junior year of high school and for most, that would be an exciting prospect, with such things as prom coming your way however out of everything that was what was causing you distress.

By no means were your family normally from an affluent family but currently you were going through a hard time and there wasn't any extra income that could be spent on getting you a dress or any of the other elements of a prom. It hurt you to think that you wouldn't be able to join Raven at prom, but you didn't want to do anything that would harm your family in any manner. Your mother had said with a great stretch, some things could be done but you knew that was just out of obligation and not wanting her daughter to be upset, but you told her it was okay even if you didn't truly believe it.

"Your mum let me in," you stated to Raven, her having called you and asking you to meet her at her home as soon as possible.

She jumped up from her seat, a playful grin on her face. You had no idea what was causing her such joy, but you wouldn't let your foul mood put a damper on hers.

"I have something amazing to show you," she smiled.

You didn't know what could be so great as last time you spoke to her, you knew that she was as upset as you over you missing prom with you, the two of you having been excited for that step in your friendship since elementary school.

"What do you need to show me?" You questioned.

She made her way to her closet door, pointing at the dress bag that hung up on the outside. "Unzip it."

Reluctantly you followed her orders and unzipped it revealing a beautiful dress, one rather similar to something you had seen when originally looking for a prom gown.

"Is this the dress we saw months ago?" You questioned.

She shook her head. "I made one similar to it. I changed a few things to suit you better, but it has everything you liked about the original."

You cocked an eyebrow at her, not sure why she made it.

"I don't understand."

"I made you a dress for prom. Free of charge, one large expense saved. Whether you go with or without us, Chelsea, Eddie and I will be paying for the limousine, so you won't need to pay for that. Chelsea said she'd do your hair and I'll do your makeup. We have everything under control, all you need to bring is yourself," she smiled softly.

You felt your heart swell in your chest at the kindness of your best friend. "I can't believe you guys would do this for me."

"What are friends for?" She laughed.

Quickly, you wrapped her into a tight hug, not knowing what you could do to repay her, simply repeating your gratitude over and over again until you couldn't say anything more.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.