Lumiere- Flirtation (c)

Beauty And The Beast One Shot

Working for Prince Adam had never been a dream, it was taxing work especially when the curse had been put upon the palace. Afterwards though, when everyone was cured life was better, everyone was happier and although the workload was equally hard, Prince Adam and Belle appreciated the work you did, so at least it was worthwhile. You were one of the many maids hired to clean the palace, it was a hard job but with so many of you and so little of the palace ever used it was rare that you had to work alone.

Currently, you were tasked with opening the curtains of the grand hall. It didn't sound like a tough task but when the curtains where at least four times your height, it took a heck of a lot of effort to let the daylight enter the hall that was rarely entered other than for meals.

"Y/N," you heard the familiar voice call as he entered the room.

You turned around to see the butler of the palace, Lumiere. He was a dear friend of yours and terribly flirtatious however you knew he was in a happy relationship. His flirting meant little other than being playful, and although you generally reciprocated the flirtations, you knew he was happily courting Plumette, one of your fellow maids.

"Lumiere, how grand to see you," you smiled.

He approached you, taking your hand delicately within his, raising your knuckles to his lips for a sweet and gentle kiss.

"Mademoiselle, your beauty extends with every day," he grinned, still holding onto your hand.

"Well aren't you a charmer."

He chuckled. "Oui."

You rolled your eyes at him. He knew he could easily have any woman in the palace, he was attractive and made every woman feel special, however he was loyal, and everyone knew that much.

"So how may I help you, monsieur?"

"Nothing, I wished to see the beauty of your eyes."

"Lumiere," you said in a playful warning tone.

"Désolé mademoiselle," he smiled. "I was locking for Cogsworth, have you seen him?"

"I think he went to the kitchen."

"Merci."

With that Lumiere made his way from the room as you continued to tug at the heavy fabric to open the curtains. Someone tapped on your shoulder, making you assume that he had come back into the room forgetting something, instead as you turned you found his partner rather than him.

"Bonjour Plumette," you smiled softly. "Are you okay?"

"Leave him alone," she frowned.

"Pardon?"

"Leave Lumiere alone. Stop flirting with him. He doesn't like you, he is my partner," she stated firmly.

"No," you said softly. "You have the wrong end of the stick. We are just friends. I understand he is courting you, and I would never interfere with that."

"Then why do you flirt with him?"

Before you could respond to her question, Lumiere had re-entered the room with a concerned face.

"What is going on?" He questioned.

"Nothing," she whispered, looking down.

"Plumette," he started. "I do believe we must talk."

He gave you an apologetic smile, linking his arm with hers and leading her out of the grand hall.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by