Aladdin- Escape: Part 1 (c)

Aladdin One Shot

You noticed a man gaining the attention of the guards even though he seemingly wasn't up to anything, well that was what it seemed until you noticed him take a brooch from one of the market stalls, slipping it into his pocket. The guards seemed to notice something was up when the merchant started shouting, noticing something was missing. Slight of hand was something you had learnt early in life, not that your father would take pride in knowing that, but he didn't seem to take much pride in anything you did. You were able to join the crowd surrounding him, slipping in and removing the brooch, adding it to your own pocket before anyone could tell.

The guards searched him but as he had nothing on him, he was able to get away with it, although seen as they didn't go straight for that pocket, you assumed they didn't even see him take it. He walked off, trying to lose the sight of guards in the crowds but you were too intrigued by him to let him get away. Following him, you managed to blend in, no one expecting a woman to be up to anything. This continued until you realised he was heading up onto the roofs and you wouldn't be able to go unnoticed by him any longer.

As you followed him up to the roofs, you realised that this was wear he was living, a humble mixture of stolen and found belongings. It was an unfamiliar sight to you, a woman of wealth who had never needed for anything.

"You are lucky to have gotten away from the guards," you said, making yourself known.

The man jumped backwards, not expecting anyone else to be there in his solitude.

"Who are you?" He asked, shaping up the unknown person before him.

"Your saving grace," you smiled, revealing the brooch from your pocket.

"How did you get that?" He questioned.

You shrugged your shoulders, pushing your hood back to reveal your face to him. You knew that any old local wouldn't know who you were, you just had to be careful in case someone from the palace was in the village and able to tell who you were.

"You weren't as careful as you should've been, but I can see now that you aren't just a common thief," you stated, gesturing to all the stuff around him that you guessed he hadn't gotten honestly.

"Are you a common thief?" He questioned.

You threw him the brooch, having no use for it.

"Nothing of the sort."

He looked at the brooch quizzically before looking back at you. "Thank you for helping me. The guards probably wouldn't have ever let me back out of the dungeon."

"Anytime," you smiled softly. "I'm Y/N."

"Aladdin."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.