Bruno Madrigal- Son: Part 1 (c)

Encanto One Shot

You were born into the Encanto and knew no different to the Madrigal family protecting your town and providing hope from the dangers that the rest of the world could offer. As you aged, you only grew to love the famous family more, the powers the triplets gained, becoming vital to life for you and the rest of your community. You were a couple of years younger than the triplets, but you came to know them dearly, befriending all three and as you aged into your teenage years, you began to harbour strong feelings for Bruno.

With time and much pressure to take action from his sisters, you had finally begun to start dating. You took things slow, and in the time that Pepa and Julieta had married and birthed their first daughters, you weren't even engaged. Things went slow but it was perfect for the two of you and soon after the time he had four nieces and a nephew, you were officially married and you were now by name, part of the family Madrigal.

It was hard to be one of a few without powers in a magical family, but you couldn't imagine the pain and guilt that poor Mirabel felt when she was the first grandchild of her abuela to not gain a power from her gift ceremony. The whole Encanto knew of the dangers that could come if the Madrigal's no longer had their powers, there was so much reliance on their gifts, that the whole functionality of the town would change.

Anyone outside of the family had been encouraged to leave casita, leaving you all confused and scared of what this meant for the magic that abuela had been gifted all those years ago.

Bruno pulled you off to the side as everyone huddled around the scared five-year-old, trying to figure out what had caused Mirabel to not get a power, or if there was just a mistake.

"Mamá wants me to see what this means," he stated.

You knew that meant he was going to try and see what the future held with his gift.

"What do you think this means?" You asked. "Camilo got his gift two months ago, why didn't Mira get hers today?"

He shrugged his shoulders, a pained expression on his face.

"I do not know. None of us do, but for all we do know, this could mean there is something wrong with the magic. I just hope I can find an answer."

You pressed a gentle kiss to his cheek. "I believe in you, cariño. Be safe. I'll try and help here."

He nodded his head, giving your hand one last squeeze before heading up to see the future, but no one would know what he saw as you didn't see him again.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.