Maddie Rooney- Try-Outs (h)

Liv and Maddie One Shot

Sometimes it was expected for feelings to develop when you were with someone practically all the time – let alone someone that you had known for all of your life also.

Maddie had been your best friend basically since birth, and that meant you were friends with Liv too but when Liv moved away for her show you and Maddie had just gotten closer.

Everyone knew that you and Maddie were best friends, and pretty much nothing could cause you to be mad at each other, but no one knew about you having a crush on Maddie.

You didn't want anyone to know because that would mean Maddie would find out, and you most definitely didn't want that to happen.

No part of you thought that Maddie would ever feel the same about you.

Maddie had been focused on basketball for the past couple of weeks, as there were some try-outs going on, so you had pretty much left her alone as you didn't want to bother her whilst she was trying to focus.

With that in mind, you were very surprised when Maddie turned up on your front porch that evening.

"Hey Mads...everything okay?"

She nodded her head. "Yeah, but can I talk to you in your room?"

Despite being confused, you allowed her in and the two of you headed up to your bedroom.

You sat down on your bed and Maddie took a seat next to you.

"What's wrong? I thought the try-outs were tomorrow."

"They are."

"So why are you here? You're usually doing last minute practices at this stage."

She shrugged. "I wanted to talk to you."

"About?"

"You've barely been around this past two weeks, whenever I saw you at school you'd walk off and you didn't come to my place for dinner like you usually do so my parents noticed and were asking about you."

"I wanted to give you space."

Confusion clouded her face. "Space for what Y/N?"

"The try-outs," you told her. "You like to be focused and not have any distractions."

"Y/N, you're a distraction but a good kind of distraction."

"What does that mean?"

She smiled, reaching out to hold your hand gently. "You distract me because I like you."

"Well yeah we're friends."

She rolled her eyes jokingly. "No, I like you more than a friend."

"No, you don't," you shook your head in disbelief at her words, there was no way that she actually felt the same.

"Yes, I do," she countered your statement. "I am so used to you being around me, and these past two weeks you weren't, and I have felt this way for a while, but I never thought you would feel the same."

"Why on earth would you think that?"

"You're my best friend," she shrugged as she spoke. "We're not exactly supposed to develop any feelings for each other."

You smiled at her, squeezing her hand gently. "It's a good job that I developed feelings too then."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Requested by