Belle- Thank You (c)

Beauty and the Beast One Shot

What had been occurring through the night was painful and terrible, leaving you in a heap on the damp floor in a mixture of rain water and your own blood. Anything occurring from that point was difficult to know as you could only know pain from the brutal attack you felt. However, when consciousness came around, the pain wasn't as intense as you had imagined it would be- frankly it wasn't there.

It didn't hurt to open your eyes, especially as only a dim light entered them due to the late evening falling over you.

Belle was sat to your side. The pure and innocent woman whom had captured your heart but you feared could never reciprocate that feeling. Today was the last day before the rose wilted finally and you were trapped as a monster, as a beast, and everyone you loved was torn from their family stuck as objects, never to be accepted by society.

You didn't know why she stayed. You had granted her freedom and even once the threat she may have felt responsible to solve was done, she had no reason to be here.

Hesitantly you went to raise your hand to get her attention as she was staring off towards the roofs of your castle that were no longer completely intact. Once your hand was near enough to her, you noticed what was different. Your fingers brushed the skin of her arm. No longer pads of paws, no longer covered in thick brown fur, they were human. They were small, feminine hands that you had once known and held for granted, the hands that would only now show themselves if the woman before you truly loved you in return.

"Belle," you whispered, your voice having lost the rasp and hiss that would occur due to the animalistic features and fangs you had possessed.

Her head turned to look at you, her eyes shocked and wide, excited and surprised with what she saw before her.

"Y/N, you... you..." she trailed off moving a hand to touch your cheek.

Everything felt different to be simply a human, no longer a beast. You couldn't remember what it was like to have such a body due to it having been such a long time since you had owned it.

"I know... so that means... you love me," you said with a smile, unable to control your happiness.

Her pale cheeks quickly became a dark rosy colour at the words that slipped from your lips.

"Thank you for saving me," you whispered.

A small smile appeared on her face as she rubbed her thumb on your cheek, both of you enjoying the small contact of skin that you felt.

"You saved yourself," she stated. "You had to love me for this to work as well."

"Not just with the spell, the rose, I... I mean with the man as well. He would have killed me if you hadn't helped. You have done more than I could have ever wanted. I was a terrible person, well I wasn't even a person really, but you've saved me and everyone here, I certainly do not deserve all you have done," you said sincerely not knowing what you had ever done to deserve such kindness.

"Nonsense," she whispered. "You have been rude and brash and rather horrible, but you have grown as a person. And with the beauty growing on the inside, the beauty now shows on the outside."

You propped yourself up on an elbow moving the other hand to rest on the woman's cheek so that you could slowly pulled her closer.

"I love you Belle," you whispered moments before your lips pressed to hers.

As soon as you pulled apart she whispered the same to you.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.