Jasmine- Dance (c)

Aladdin One Shot

Many parties were held in the palace of Agrabah, mainly for the purpose of finding the princess a husband. The Sultan feared leaving his daughter unwed, that once his health lessened and he ended up passing, his only daughter would likely be forbidden for taking a seat on the throne without a man by her side. He knew that Jasmine was headstrong and independent; she didn't want a husband and she certainly didn't want one that didn't accept her for that. He could have easily forced a husband upon her, but he loved his dear daughter too much to do that and hoped that she would find love in one of the many men he invited to the palace.

Another party was being held that night. Jasmine knew how it would go as did you. She would dance with every eligible man that was there and would likely despise all of them and at the end of the night she'd accept to her father that she was happily single and would take the throne as he own when the day came, no matter what others said.

You helped her get dressed as you were her handmaiden before you observed her sorting out her own hair, not looking forward to the evening that she'd have to put up with.

"I cannot stand dancing with all of these men," she sighed. "It's a tedious ordeal."

"Maybe you should try to dance with a woman," you offered. "I find it far more pleasant than to dance with a man."

She looked at you through the reflection in the mirror, bemused by your words. In all her years of dancing at the parties held by her father, she had never danced with a woman.

"Maybe," she chuckled.

You held out your hand to her. "Can I have this dance?"

Jasmine took a moment before she turned in her seat and took your hand. She stood up in front of you but wasn't certain what to do. Seen as dancing was a rather gendered activity so she wasn't sure whether to take a male or female role.

"Would you like to lead, princess?" You offered, knowing it would be a nice change for her to take control of a dance.

She smiled fondly as she placed her hands onto you in the way she'd been forced to get used to men holding her before she started to dance with you, not caring that there was no music. For once dancing was something that she would be able to control and finally enjoy.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.