Prince Adam- Engagement (c)

Beauty and the Beast One Shot

Being from a humble family, you never expected nor particularly wanted a party held in your honour. You certainly never expected to be marrying a nobleman, a prince for that matter, and have a party held to celebrate your engagement.

You'd assured Adam that he need to do anything extravagant, you were happy to just gather your closest friends and family, announcing the upcoming marriage to them over a cup of tea. After he had made sure that you wouldn't absolutely hate a formal ball being held, he had put all the arrangements in place to invite pretty much everyone within the kingdom to lavishly tell them the good news.

Adam asked for you to turn up slightly after the rest of the guests, wanting your arrival to the ball to be the start of the actual announcement. Doing as you were told you waited until an hour past when it originally started, deciding to make your entrance. You began to walk down the steps, the music instantly changing as they noticed you.

He made his way in front of the crowds of people whom were making you nervous from looking at you. As you reached the final step, Adam offered you his hand helping you onto the ballroom floor.

"You look beautiful my love," he smiled kissing your cheek as he led you towards the orchestra whom were on a slightly raised platform.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself," you chuckled.

As soon as you were stood on the platform, Adam took your other hand in his also, squeezing them softly as he cleared his voice.

"Ladies and Gentleman, thank you for joining us here tonight. I know the invitation wasn't too clear in what this ball was being held for, but we have an announcement," he smiled speaking clearly and loudly so that everyone in the room could hear him.

You could feel your cheeks becoming redder and redder by every second, feeling rather awkward to have gained all of this attention.

"Roughly a fortnight ago, I asked the beautiful woman by my side a very important question. I asked her to marry me and she said yes. I think that is a cause for celebration that such a fantastic woman is able to make me a better man, and has agreed to spend the rest of her life with me," he smiled like a mad man.

The crowd erupted with applause as Adam released your hand, wrapping his arm around your shoulders instead, kissing your temple.

"Back to the celebration. Have fun and let the music commence," he grinned leading you from the platform taking you back into the crowd leading you towards your close friends.

First Mrs Potts approached you alongside her son and Cogsworth.

"Oh Loves, congratulations. I hope the two of you a happy future. You are such a perfect couple, and I am glad someone is able to make you the same man you were before your Mother's passing Adam. She'd be so proud. She'd love you dear, you make her son very happy," she smiled warmly wrapping her arms around the two of you.

"Thank you, Mrs Potts. I wish my Mother could have met Y/N, but I see you as a mother and I am happy that you are here for us," Adam said softly.

"Of course, dear. I love you both as my children. I've always seen you as my second son and daughter," she smiled, ruffling Chip's hair.

He let out a gentle laugh wrapping his arms around your middle.

"You look lovely Y/N," he grinned. "I'm glad you are happy."

"Thank you," you smiled warmly leaning down to kiss his hair.

Cogsworth patted Adam's shoulder wishing the two of you the best, mentioning his pride in Adam's changes as a man.

As soon as the three of them dispersed, Lumiere and Plumette quickly made their way to you. Plumette pulled you into a tight hug, whilst Lumiere gave Adam a playful hug before switching and hugging both of you.

"Ce sont des nouvelles merveilleuses, mon ami," Lumiere grinned wrapping his arm back around Plumette.

"C'est merveilleux, félicitation," Plumette added.

Lumiere's grin grew. "Wouldn't surprise me if there were another joining us soon."

Your cheeks became flushed again at the suggestion you were to have children any time soon.

"There is no rush Lumiere," Adam stated. "But how about you two? You have been together for many years. Any thoughts about popping the question?"

"There is no rush," Plumette smirked imitating Adam's tone.

"Thank you, guys, for being here," you smiled warmly. "You are our closest friends, and from day one of this engagement, we knew who we were going to ask this to; would you like to be our maid of honour and best man?"

Both of them looked chuffed. Lumiere simply grinned at the prospect whilst, Plumette pulled you into a bone crushing hug once more.

"Oui! Of course, Y/N. It would be our honour," she smiled.

"Thank you both," Adam said softly. "But now I would like to have a moment with my fiancée if that is okay?"

They both nodded, bidding your farewell, spinning back into the crowds in dance.

Adam moved a hand to rest on your waist, whilst keeping hold of your other one, taking you to join the rest of the guests in a dance to the music playing around.

"I love you," he smiled down at you.

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.