Lucas Friar- Friend: Part 1 (h)

Girl Meets World One Shot

It was rough when Lucas had to leave Austin and move to New York, you understood why he had to go but that didn't mean you wanted your boyfriend to move so far away.

Then towards the end of middle school, Zay's Dad got transferred to New York too so he left you by yourself for the rest of middle school.

You, Zay and Lucas had been close since the get go in kindergarten, and you had been incredibly close with each other ever since.

Lucas had asked you out just before he left for New York, he was thirteen then, and surprisingly the both of you had managed to keep your relationship going throughout the time that you weren't in the same place as each other.

You knew that both Lucas and Zay were in the same friendship ground, but you also knew that Lucas hadn't mentioned that he was in a relationship.

Zay was fully aware that you hated not being in the same state as him and your boyfriend, so he had managed to convince his family to let you move in with them and go to school with him and Lucas.

Neither of you had told Lucas about it, and it was killing Zay to not say anything so he was having to be extremely cautious with what he was saying.

All of them had started at their new high school a month prior, so you were going in like a completely new kid knowing nothing but at least you knew a couple of people.

Zay had gone out earlier that day, considering it was a weekend, and had texted you to let you know that they were all hanging out at the café they frequented so you were heading down there.

You arrived at the café and saw Lucas and Zay sitting with their friends, you had been told about them before so you knew there was Maya, Riley and Farkle with them but apparently, there was another girl too however she didn't seem to be there.

Opening the door, you heard Lucas laughing and Zay's glance went to you causing him to smile.

"Hey stranger" you spoke up making Lucas turn to you at the sound of your familiar accent.

He smiled and shot up to pull you into a hug "Oh my god" he whispered as he hugged you tightly "I have missed you so much" he stated continuing to hug you.

You giggled and pulled away to look up at him "Surprise" you said with a smile on your face.

He chuckled, smiling down fondly at you "What are you doing here? You should be in Texas, going to school" he reminded you.

You looked over at Zay who had a smirk on his face "Meet my new roommate" Zay stood up as he spoke "She's living with my family now, starting with us on Monday" he explained.

Lucas turned back to you with a massive smile on his face "And you didn't tell me? Oh, my god" he murmured more to himself than anyone else.

Maya cleared her throat causing the three of you look to the other three people who were sat down "Who is she?" Maya questioned, pointing at you.

Lucas smiled down at you momentarily, slipping his arm around your shoulder, "This is Y/N" he stated simply.

"Y/N as in the Y/N that you two grew up with, left behind in Texas, go back to visit every Christmas ... that Y/N?" Riley spoke quickly and sounded confused.

You nodded in response "That would be me, I'm sorry if I am intruding, I can just go and sit at another table" you cautiously spoke, going to move away from Lucas.

Lucas gripped you tightly and kept you at his side "Don't be silly Baby, I haven't got to see you in person since New Year" he gently rubbed your shoulder as he talked.

Both Maya and Riley looked confused, whilst Farkle seemed to understand what was going on, "So you two are dating?" Farkle asked as he motioned between you and Lucas.

Lucas nodded in agreement "Yes. We have been for two or so years now" he shrugged slightly whilst he spoke.

Riley and Maya gasped, turning to Lucas "You have a girlfriend?" Maya quizzed in clear surprise.

"Yeah. I...uh...I didn't know how to tell you guys, it wasn't as if you could meet her and I never even though Zay would move out here let alone Y/N" Lucas quickly formed an explanation for his friends "I know that it's probably a shock, but I do hope you'll all get along with Y/N" he suggested with a small smile.

Zay mimicked Lucas' expression "If you listen to anything either of us say at all, then listen to this, Y/N is a pretty cool girl and we've known her for all our lives" Zay winked at you as he spoke causing you to giggle "You will not regret being her friend"

~*~

Written by Hannah.