Jasmine- Apology (c)

Aladdin One Shot

Love was hard on the best of days, finding happiness in another person and trying to find someone who you melded with in spite of all the things that wanted you apart. Your love was harder than the average though. For a woman to love another woman was seen as a taboo, even more so when the woman you loved was the princess. Jasmine had held your heart since you were children, having been friends due to your father being a nobleman close to the sultan, and your interest only grew from there. It didn't take long before you learnt that she liked you as well, and you kept a friendship as a front whilst being in a relationship behind closed doors.

You loved Jasmine dearly but seen as your relationship was only behind closed doors, her father still sought for her to have a husband, which she did her best to fight. She tried to dismiss the idea of marriage as a whole, but instead managed to make excuses for every man that was presented to her, even if her father was starting to become bothered by her inability to pick a husband. Once again, the sultan had called forth his daughter and suggested another husband. Jasmine was losing her patience and simply told her father no before storming off, you hot on her heels.

She threw herself onto her bed in anger, throwing one of her cushions across the room to attempt to relieve the stress within. You sat down beside her, resting a hand onto the small of her back.

"It's going to be okay," you whispered. "There cannot be many more men for him to offer your hand to."

Jasmine rolled over; her eyebrows pressed together firmly. "You know not of my strife. Do not act like this affects you."

Your heart fell still in your chest as you felt torn from the woman who you had always been loyal to and loved dearly.

"I know you are hurting but that doesn't mean we are any less in this together as we have always promised to be," you croaked. "You have been so distant recently, so different. Sometimes I wonder if you even like me... it sure feels like you hate me sometimes."

Jasmine's eyes had been welling with tears from her anger, but her expression had softened, solemness falling across her face.

"I'm sorry," she said softly. "I just do not know how to stop this marriage much longer, and I worry for what will happen to you... to us."

"I understand that but pushing me away will not make that better."

Once more she apologised, letting you wrap your arms around her, holding her head in your lap as she silently wept and thought about her next plan.

~*~
Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.