Kevin Shepherd- Money (c)

102 Dalmatians One Shot

You had heard about the local dog shelter multiple times but had never really gone to look at it yourself. The whole thing seemed nice, but until now you never felt the need to go there.

They had made it public that they needed money and help, they were going to have to close down otherwise so you thought you could help.

You drove to the shelter, getting out of your car when you were outside, walking your dog on his lead up to the man who was on a ladder.

"Excuse me," you called to gain his attention.

He looked down, smiling, climbing down so he could speak.

"Hello," he smiled.

"Hi. Are you Kevin Shepard?" You asked.

"Yeah, how can I help you?" he questioned.

"I'm Y/N. I heard you needed funding and some help. My Grandma passed away some time ago and left me with quite a bit of money. There really isn't much I could think of spending it on, so I was looking for a good cause and this seems as any good cause as any. I'd like to help in any way I can," you smiled.

He looked slightly shocked, but a huge smile grew onto his face.

"I can't take you money Y/N. You are a complete stranger to me, I can't just take your money," he sighed.

"Well we'll just have to get to know each other won't we? This is Jake by the way," you smiled ruffling the dog's fur, "We both want to help you out. None of your dogs should be forced to live on the streets, and by the looks of it you could use an extra pair of hands or paws."

He let out a chuckle.

"I guess we will have to get to know each other. Do you want to come in? You can meet the others. I hope we'll be seeing you more around here. Although I do not wish to take your money, having someone else here to help, we'll be great. But I'm sure to keep this place open I'm going to have to push aside my pride and accept money from a beautiful woman," he smiled, "I apologise I didn't mean to say that."

You could feel your cheeks heating up at his comment.

"Sure. I want to help as I've said. But thank you," you said softly.

He gave you a lopsided smile gesturing for you to walk into the building.

There you were met by three dogs and a parrot, instantly being surrounded by them, causing you to back up, bumping into Kevin. You looked up at him, him smiling down at you. This would be fun.

~*~

Written by Charlotte