Liv Rooney- Avoiding (h)

Liv and Maddie One Shot

Falling for your best friend had never been something you thought would happen.

And yet, your best friend of over ten years was exactly the person you had fallen for.

Liv had been in your life for a long time, and you got on with all of her family as she did with yours, but you never expected to want to date her.

Of course, you wanted to say something to her but you weren't prepared to lose her as a friend.

She meant a lot to you, in more ways that one, and not having her around wasn't something you wanted to imagine.

It was nearing the end of your last year at school, so you were trying to enjoy everything as much as you could and that meant having a movie night at the Rooney's.

After a while, you realised that Liv was acting strange with you.

She wasn't talking to you as much, she kept looking away from you and she basically refused to sit near you.

You were worried about her, she'd never acted in that way towards you before.

Once the movie you were all watching had finished, you decided to drag Liv outside so that you could find out why she was acting so strangely.

"Y/N? What are you doing?" she quizzed you as you grasped her wrist and proceeded to pull her out to the backyard.

You turned to her once the backdoor was shut, crossing your arms. "I want you to talk to me."

"I am talking to you."

Her words caused you to roll your eyes. "Don't be a smartarse Liv," you stated. "Tell my why the hell you have been avoiding me in there."

"I haven't been avoiding you Y/N."

You scoffed at what she was saying. "Don't lie. You've barely spoken a word to me all night and you refused to sit next to me."

She sighed, running a hand through her hair and glancing around so she didn't have to look you in the eyes.

"I'm not trying to have a go at you. I just want to know what I've done."

"It's not you."

"Well it clearly is, given the fact that I am the person you are avoiding," you explained to her.

She shook her head. "You haven't done anything, it is all me."

You looked at her in confusion. "So, you have been avoiding me because of something you have done to yourself? Great logic."

"Well technically it is something you've done but you didn't do it with the knowledge of it. Well I think you didn't...oh I don't know."

You couldn't help but smile at her nervousness.

"I didn't realise I'd been avoiding you," she continued to ramble. "I just kind of wanted to, y'know, not be around you."

"That's the same as avoiding Liv."

She groaned in frustration at you, and before you knew it she had her lips pressed against yours.

When she pulled away, she looked panicked and instantly tried to run back inside.

You reached out to grab her wrist before she could disappear.

She sighed again when she turned to face you, seeming panicked.

"If you want to reject me, then do it now so I can run inside and hole up in my room," she told you, appearing as a complete ball of nerves.

You shook your head, taking a step closer to her and placing your hand on her cheek. "How could I ever reject you?" you questioned, more to yourself than to Liv. "I fell for you years ago."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.