Joey Rooney- Prom (h)

Liv and Maddie One Shot

Prom was something that every high school student looked forward to.

It was some form of milestone in high school – it marked the end of the year for last year students, but also gave them a chance to spend more time with their friends before most people went their separate ways.

Going your separate ways from your friends was slightly scaring you.

You had spent so many years around the same people, and then the thought of them not being there every day was nerve wracking to you.

It may have sounded strange to anyone else but to you, you knew that your brain was just trying to rationalise the idea of not having the people closest to you around the majority of the time.

Of course, your boyfriend Joey had been nothing but understanding about what you were thinking and what was going through your head.

You knew that how wasn't going to disappear on you.

The two of you were going to the same college, so that was a reassuring factor to you, but also the fact that he loved you helped.

Ever since the two of you had started dating, practically three or so years ago, you had been practically inseparable, and it was lucky for you that Joey's family didn't mind you being there so often.

It had gotten to the point where your parents were joking about you moving in with the Rooney's.

You and Joey weren't quite there yet, of course, but perhaps in the future.

It had come to the night of prom, and you were obviously going with Joey just as everyone expected.

You were stood in Joey's living room, with Joey's arm around your waist as Karen snapped away with her camera in front of you.

"Mum you can stop now," Joey told her.

She sighed, but then target Liv and Maddie instead due to them going to prom with you that night as well.

Joey breathed a sigh of relief as he pulled you into a hug, resting his chin on top of your head.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" he questioned, once the two of you pulled away from each other.

A blush crossed your cheeks at his compliment.

He smiled down at you, leaning to kiss you gently on the lips. "How did I get so lucky?" he whispered against your lips.

You couldn't help but giggle when he spoke, causing him to laugh also.

He pouted at you, but only jokingly.

"I don't know Joe, but you do clean up well if I do say so myself."

His smile broadened. "Still, I will never compare to you."

You shrugged, pecking his lips quickly and being grateful for not having to lean up too far to kiss him due to your heels.

"Are you sure you are going to be okay in those shoes all night?"

You lifted up your one leg, so as to look at your heels and then shook your head at him. "I'll be fine Joey, don't worry," you reassured him. "And if they do hurt, you'll be there to carry me."

He laughed at you joking with him. "I'll always be your knight in shining armour Love."

You sighed in contentment as you placed your head in his chest, hugging him close.

Joey kissed the top of your head affectionately, clearly thankful for his mother not having her attention on you both so you could have a few moments together.

"I love you," you whispered into his suit.

You felt his smile against your hair. "I love you too Y/N."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Requested by