Bruno Madrigal- Son: Part 2 (c)

Encanto One Shot

When you didn't hear from Bruno for a while, you went to check on him, but he wasn't anywhere to be found, and when you returned to his family, seeing him was the least of any of their worries. Hours became days, and days became weeks, and no one knew where he went, even concerning everyone else in casita as to where he went to. The family had been doing their best to adapt to the fact that a new gift had not entered the family but now one of their own was missing and no one knew what they were meant to do but pretend that life was normal.

Even if they all wanted to act like things were normal, you knew that they weren't. You had wanted to tell Bruno something the night he disappeared, news you had kept to yourself until after the joyous occasion of Mirabel's gift ceremony, but you never got the chance to tell him and it wasn't something that was just going to go away. You had wanted to tell him first, tell him before you told anyone else the news but with him gone, you had to tell someone else. Luckily you were very close with his sisters, and they were going to have to be your confidantes in your time of need.

Whilst everyone else was busy, you pulled the two sisters off to a secluded room to speak with them.

"What is the rush, Y/N?" Pepa asked.

"I did not want to speak with you both before I spoke with Bruno, but I'm scared and don't know where he is, so I need to tell the two of you or I am going to lose my mind."

Julieta offered you a gentle smile. "We all miss Bruno, I cannot imagine what you are feeling with him gone, but we have always been your sisters, even before you were a Madrigal, we are both always here for you."

You took a second as tears began to well up in your eyes, realising how much you truly missed your husband but there wasn't anything that you could do to bring him back, so you could only hope he would return soon.

"I'm pregnant," you croaked.

The sisters looked at each other, a sea of emptions washing over their faces from excitement to pity and everything that was in between but as you began to feel the heat filling the room, you knew that at least Pepa's happiness was taking over.

"Congratulations," Pepa beamed.

"I was so happy," you whispered. "I didn't know if it was ever going to happen for us, and I was going to tell Bruno that night and then he never came back. I don't know how to do this alone."

Julieta pulled you into a comforting hug, her sister quickly joining in.

"Do not fret," Julieta assured you. "You are not alone. Wherever Bruno is, doesn't matter, you are our family regardless, and you have us."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.