𝟥: 𝖵𝖺𝗅𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗇𝖾'𝗌 𝖣𝖺𝗒

valentine's day...

the day hana dreaded, her single soul could never take the lovely couples, the red arrows which she once hoped for as a child, the mascots dressed in white loose clothing which hana had no idea what to call them whatsoever. her friends, obviously most of them, were having boyfriends/girlfriends. not very relatable for hana of course. she never deeply understood the concept of love, she didn't care nor wanted to care, she didn't understand the needs of having a person beside you in tough and happy times when she could handle herself perfectly as she did for the main 7 years of her life (according to her) the view of the world didn't 'change' for her when she saw her bestfriend's dating.

that was the one reason, she could understand why that one tall, sporty, spontaneous, angry bird called 'jay', who had the whole school's girls all over him, and yet, he wasn't a womanizer and hadn't fallen in love with any single one of them, atleast she thought.

"hana, have you gotten any chocolates?"
the voice of her bestfriend had snapped the shorter out of her thoughts, hana gazed at her friend, her eyes sparkling in familiar sadness.

her bestfriend frowned, "it's alright cutie, i'm here." her friend opened her arms invitingly, her fond smile on her face.

"you know me too much"
hana muttered as engulfed like a koala into her hands.

"yes, and you should very well know, that i like you."
rosé ruffled the shorter's hair as she let go.

"well, in general of course."
hana intercepted, a sad curved on her lips.

"oh hana...I've told you many times..."
rose muttered.

"you. have. a. chance. with. jay! like seriously, all he does is start his day with you, end his day with you, talk to before lunch, wink at you whenever he catches you staring!"
rose groaned as she finished.

"correcting, i dont have a 'chance'. and he just bullies me the first thing in the morning, and the following. more over i do not stare at him!"
hana exclaimed the ending sentence, making rose shake her head in dismay.

"ugh, whatever. my ship is gonna sail no matter what. and I'm sure jimin agrees with me"
rose smiled at she hugged the man who just approached her.

just like I told you before, most of her friends are dating already.

"hey jimin"
hana waved lazily, which was returned by a bright eye smile.

"hey hana!"
he answered happily, handing a box of chocolates to rosé.

"and that's my cue to leave"
hana quickly went inside before her friends started to make out right infront of her.

"It's only 8.45 am..."
fifteen minutes were left, and the classes were still as noisy as ever. hana did not want to enter class, she already suffers the noise for nine hours.

"yah, shorty"

hana turned around, with a hint of confusion which disappeared after seeing the boy.

"oh great, you're here already"
hana said gloomily, getting no valentine's chocolates, and now him.

"wow, where's the sunshine i see every morning?"
jay asked sarcastically, his hands deep into his pockets as his bag was slung loose upon his back, his hair was messy, only making him look better, as usual, as fashionable as always, his watch was dangling around his wrist.