38: Confessions?

✦✦✦

"i like you, duh." 

"you're mine, i'm yours. thought you could see it honestly, i've liked since what, a few years? but don't worry, i think i realised it a bit back." jay chuckled to himself, not a hint of nervous on his face nor worry, he seemed so calm and relaxed about expressing his feelings to her. 

"you're joking.." she could mutter these words, not processing the confession she just received. every guy who liked or confessed to her, backed off after just a day or two. she could never trust any guys other than jay and her own dad. 

"nope. totally no pressure, kay?" jay retreated his hand back and moved forward, hana walked slow trying to process everything. 

hana's heart was beating as fast as never, it felt as if everyone around her could hear it. she sensed her cheeks might've been red. 

she swore she didn't like jay in any way though their bond was kind of unbreakable. she swore she hated him for always stealing her homework. she swore 

she never could face the fact that her school life felt fun because of jay, and her very few friends who were occupied at times, jay was there to either pull her hair or sit and listen to her explaining math though he never did his homework and only practiced. 

she fucking hated yet kindddd of liked this guy. 

she won't ever admit the feeling of love or warmth she has towards him, the happiness she gets when he would be late to school to get the president's scolding, the boredom she would have when he had football practice of 4 hours, the times she had to go over to his place to return his books, the times she felt turning in her stomach when he winked at her during his games, the times she asked her to come to his game no matter what, the ice creams he was forced to buy her after school for his notes, all the times she had with him included one good memory and an inexplainable feeling in her stomach she failed to notice until now. 

 maybe, just maybe, she thought she could really give it a chance. 

"hey hana, i'm surprised ya could remember me"  rose's and jake's aussie voices screamed through the phone. 

"jay just said he likes me." hana blurted out, she might as well just announce it to everyone. 

"oh my god, so he finally said it, hana what did you sayyy?" rose squealed in happiness as jake laughed. 

"ah damn. i thought he could never do it. well, what'd you do?" jake asked in turn. 

"you both knew?!" hana threw her head back, the fact she couldn't even see her right now. 

"duh, everyone did hana. he made it so obvious, i mean come on. going easy on you during pt? overly protective whenever a guy confessed to you and made him run the next day? why do you think he gave you the flowers this valentines, that was hoonie's plan." rose giggled as jake stated a bunch of facts she didn't notice. 

"this must be a dream." hana stated, slapping herself hard.

"hana. calm down. just think about it. you won't die" rose said, calming her bestfriend down though she couldn't even see her panic right now. 

"y-yeah.." hana's voice cracked, she tried calming down and setting her phone down. "aight i gotta go. take care hana, stop stressing this shit kay?" jake cut the call before hana would have answered and rose said the same and hung up. 

"it's all on me, i don't have to worry. just think it out and do what my heart says... yeah." hana blinked in frustration. easier said than done i guess. 

✦✦✦

home, 6pm. 

jihoon's fast asleep after running and playing for a solid 90 minutes with his athletic uncle. jay was tired too and stayed in his room, not acting weird at all as much as hana since she acted a bit indifferent. 

she digested that she had to be home alone in a few minutes once her sister comes and picks her up, it was getting very cloudy and was drizzling. 

since it might rain later more, so her sister insisted on picking him up rather than jay dropping him off. 

the door bell rang as hana ran to open it. jay was probably asleep, she hoped. 

"hey hana" her sister invited herself in, hana brought water and put it on the table following her older sister towards the sofa. 

it sent a shiver down her spine, remembering how she slept there earlier. would jay ever leave her mind now?

"ahh my jihoonie" her sister took a seat on the ground as she caressed her son's hair. "ah stop acting as if you can't survive without him for a few hours unnie" 

her unnie laughed in response, "you'll know when you're a mother too." 

"i'm 22. no kids for another 4  years unnie" 

huh we'll see . as they both chatted together for awhile while jihoon was fast asleep and no sign on jay. for a good few minutes, hana might've given it a rest about the confession and stuff. 

jay anyways told her "no pressure" in his heavy american accent again so, whoa whoa. 

"oh hi jay" hana's pupils dilated as she swiftly turned back, meeting eyes with hana as he quickly greeted her unnie first, he took a seat right beside hana, not leaving any space and causing their knees to touch. 

"how are you noona?" jay asked politely, fixing his hair since he didn't expect her to be over. "ahh i'm fine jay, how are things going? i heard college's going to start." hana's unnie smiled, her dimples similar to hana's. 

"ah yeah. i need to take hana shopping and all that stuff for it. jihoon's fast asleep since we took him to the park" jay diverted the topic, smiling back at the older. 

he surprisingly got along very well with hana's family, especially her parents. 

"yeah," she chuckled. "well, it's getting late and i bet you both are tired. i'll be off then hana?" her unnie got up, picking jihoon up along with his bag as she tapped on his back lightly to put him back to sleep. 

hana laughed nervously, gulping slightly as she followed her sister. jay stared at hana until deciding to get up too. something was weird with her. 

"w-why don't you stay?" hana asked, holding the bag for her as the former put on her shoes. 

"ahh aniyo, i'm fine. juhyeon must be back from work too. plus i think jay would prefer otherwise." she winked at her brother-in-law signalling to hana, the latter didn't even notice him behind her. 

"a-ahaha" jay chuckled nervously, trying to wave off the conversation. 

"unnie yah" hana whined as she put her bobbed through the door, waving at her sister who got into her car, totally unaware of the situation and waved her hand getting into her audi. 

what is with audi's in their family? can't blame jay's audi r8 though. 

✦✦✦

anyone notice the attorney woo reference?